Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Okay, after several tries, I have no idea why it can't display all the pics. I coded them all the same way, and tried several ways after that...but you get the point...Ouch. The car ran a 10.1 @ 14X

[This message has been edited by HIBBoyScott (edited November 13, 2000).]

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by blueis300guy:
one more question..is that your car??? if it was my car ill go hide and cry...
If that was my car I'd be flat on my back on the track crying...
This car is from Altered Atmosphere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
man let me tell u, that guy was running 10's on the 1/4 mile with that car, and it was AUTOMATIC! its a shame that his car is messed up, but luckly he walked away from that accident, 2 broken ribs, brused up a bit.. that is luck, after doin the 1/4 in 10 seconds, than crashin into a wall.. god was on his side

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by think0rz:
man let me tell u, that guy was running 10's on the 1/4 mile with that car, and it was AUTOMATIC! its a shame that his car is messed up, but luckly he walked away from that accident, 2 broken ribs, brused up a bit.. that is luck, after doin the 1/4 in 10 seconds, than crashin into a wall.. god was on his side
Actually, auto Supras do better drag racing than the 6 speeds, so it shouldn't really be a surprise that it is auto.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
not all supra turbos are auto , but the autos ARE faster when you drag. its' a rare thing to find with a driver that can shift a stick better tan an auto, espeically with a high boost turbo(most supras in 10's use high boost wit a big single turbo)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As Clam said, not all Supra Turbos are auto. Auto Supras have an advantage at the dragstrip because they don't miss shifts and they can spool the turbos at a standstill. 6 speeds can do this to a certain extent with a 2 stage rev limiter. All the autos have to do is powerbrake and the turbos spool up.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
plus when you shift witha turbo, you usually lose a bit of boost and have to bulid it back up, but as i understand with an auto you odn't lose nearly as much boost. plsu with a 10 second car, you have to concentrate on keeping the car straigth much less shifting it
6speeds are for dyno queens. =)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by mrclam:
plus when you shift witha turbo, you usually lose a bit of boost and have to bulid it back up, but as i understand with an auto you odn't lose nearly as much boost. plsu with a 10 second car, you have to concentrate on keeping the car straigth much less shifting it
6speeds are for dyno queens. =)
Oh God, don't bring up the dyno queen thing! I get enough of that at you know where.
With an auto you don't lose any boost between shifts. With the 6 speed you can shift real fast and shift without lifting off the gas to minimize losing boost, but that gets real hard on your trans. Plus 6 speed clutches don't withstand a lot of passes at the strip either. And with the price of Supra parts...don't wanna break anything at all!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
yes you loose some boost when racing a manual, but there is a solution to that...it is a BOV recirculation kit, which reroutes the booost pressure release of the BOV back into the intake. therefore, not boost is lost

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
yes you loose some boost when racing a manual, but there is a solution to that...it is a BOV recirculation kit, which reroutes the booost pressure release of the BOV back into the intake. therefore, not boost is lost
I think the stock BOV releases into the intake tract. Only the aftermarket BOVs open into the atmosphere. They still lose boost with the stocker.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
12 Participants
HIBBoyScott
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing