Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The yellow one has 23 miles on it...and they just called me to tell me that they were turning this car into a dealer demo.

------------------
Booker
2k Celica GTS
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
258 Posts
yellow one to a dealer demo... gosh, people in that area must be some old people who don't like the yellow sporty look...

is that why there's no demand for that color??? in a lot of places, you can't even get a yellow one...

[This message has been edited by 99V6Coupe (edited July 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
108 Posts
as Jimi Hendrix once said:

"the yellow in this case is not so mellow. . . as a matter of fact it's frightened like me."

-Axis Bold as Love

·
Registered
103 Posts
booker,

You are lucky to see those cars in Texas area. If you look at the pricer sticker on the window, the yellow car with black interior does come with LSD option, yet it comes in LA port. I just don't know what the [email protected]#$ with California Lexus dealership? They can not carry such a car?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Missing black and green....but still very good dealer! My dealer only has red and white as demo. I haven't seen a Graphite Gray in person!!!!! also I want polished wheel too!!!! what's up with California!!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Are those graphite wheels on the silver and the blue? They look kind of glossy. If they are then there is not that much difference between both rims, but they do look somewhat better to me. Question... will the graphite wheels peel like chrome if used in the winter time (from all the road salt)?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only IS300 with Graphite wheels was the silver.

like others have said on this site...they are not much different than the normal ones.

------------------
Booker
2k Celica GTS
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
424 Posts
Lucky me, I've seen every single color of IS300 either in showrooms or being as test cars. They sell those IS300s pretty quickly. Almost every other day, they change around the cars and the colors are different.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Originally posted by dtplink:
as Jimi Hendrix once said:

"the yellow in this case is not so mellow. . . as a matter of fact it's frightened like me."

-Axis Bold as Love
Continuing my angle as the Solar Yellow poster boy... Yellow is such an awesome color for the IS. I am extremely happy with mine. For some reason pictures do it no justice. Everyone that sees my car in real life goes nuts for it.

I've got pics of my new ride at http://www.formagi.com/is300.htm

·
Registered
306 Posts
booker-
When were those pictures taken? Looks like Grapevine has a lot of cars. Have you tried PP in Plano? I'm in the process of trying to find a white LP locally.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took these pictures last Friday.

I live in Plano, and visited PP in Plano early last week. At that time they had 2 white LPs in stock (maybe one was already sold)

Hope this helps

P.S. Grapevine had about 8 in stock, with only 1 white (2 other whites on lot, but already sold - they just sold their white demo yesterday)

------------------
Booker
2k Celica GTS
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like the look of the two different spoilers in the those photos. Were they
stock? I noticed that the spoiler wasn't listed on the window sticker of the yellow IS. Good job!

·
Registered
654 Posts
My dealership had a white and gray IS about a week before the official release date (June 23,) and two yellows came in the same shipment as my blue. I saw all the colors though at the IS Performance Tour, so if it's near you, drop by and take a looksy.

booker: I don't really know where plano is, but the IS tour is going to Dallas this weekend, so if you're not busy you could attend.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Plano is a suburb just north of Richardson, where I live. Richardson is just north of Dallas.

booker, I was able to find a white LP at Sewell and PP Plano, but they will be in towards the end of July, first of August. I can't decide between black or white. I originally started with white, then switched to black. Last weekend I took the wife and she preferred the white. So now I'm back to white. Any good salepeople at PP Grapevine? I have emailed them twice with no response.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ask for Jack...he treated me very nice.

P.S. Are you going to the Lexus Performance tour this weekend?

they haven't called me back yet.

------------------
Booker
2k Celica GTS
'95 Maxima

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
marke1
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing