Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
how do those Hella horns sound in comparison to stock? They almost look as if they should be lit up!

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's quite a difference in volume. Maybe it has to do to the fact that the stock horns are channeled down. I think the stock ones are pretty loud as it is, but it just so happens that I had a set lying around from my previous car.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks good :approve:

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Looks good bro.

·
Registered
473 Posts
LOOKS GOOD! Now your car is even more RARE. nice

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all.

Was and still am a Subaru owner. The leggy has been relinquished to winter duty unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
is it just me or the reason why he asked if your a subie owner is cuz they like to mod the horns? the reason why i say that is cuz not too long ago my gf and i was in cali (mostly around LA) and been seeing some colored horns behind the grill of many WRXs.. thought it was quite unique.

your car looks awesome btw.. the kind that makes me like sportx.

so how did you do your emblems? just mask the letters and paint it black or paint the letters too?

+rep

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
the horns look weird. it does match the grille and all, but it looks out of place on an is300.

id paint them.

i have the piaa horn(i lost my oem horns), it sounds funny. i wonder how those sound

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Looks like a pig to me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, different people have different tastes. I wasn't too sure of keeping them red either, so I bought a can of gunmetal paint just in case. The horn covers are removeable, so it should be easy enough to do.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Don't be too quick to paint. Leave the car like that for a bit and then see how you feel about it.

Lexusecutive got huge flak from people for his super-sized badge at first... and now people are liking it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I think i'll be doing this soon too. my horn has become wimpy as hell, and every time i honk my car from someone cutting me off or someone next to me for drifting into my lane they do not even look.

·
Registered
962 Posts
what is it with scooby guys and the hella supertones?

i relocated my horns to hide them.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Hey Sam I dont suppose you still have the stock horns? I need to buy a set. Mine blew up....literally.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts