Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still can't believe there aren't any decent pics of the next gen IS! They must be keeping it really secret for someone not to publish something! It's coming out next year! I guess they don't want to ruin sales of the outgoing model or something............

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Somehow, i highly doubt the new IS will be release in 04 or 05.

I read somewhere in Popular Mechanics, that the SportCross is getting a new engine by '06.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
BugginOuT said:

I read somewhere in Popular Mechanics, that the SportCross is getting a new engine by '06.
2004 models are out dude...where have you been? plenty of changes....nothing major, only minor cosmetic....

the sportcross will likely be discontinued after 2004.....

thats what we have read in latest news briefs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not about pics, but based on the Japanese car magazine, Best Car, the next generation Altezza will have two engine choices. One is 2.5 V6 and the other one is 3.5 V6, which is also going to be in the next generation Supra.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
BugginOuT said:

2004 models are out dude...where have you been? plenty of changes....nothing major, only minor cosmetic....

the sportcross will likely be discontinued after 2004.....

thats what we have read in latest news briefs
I was referring to the revamp models.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I personally do not believe that the next gen. IS will be out in 2005. If anything at least until 2006 or more. A good example would be the current GS series we have. That car debuted in 1998 and it will be changed in 2005. That is a 7 year life cycle for that model. Why would Lexus change the IS in a matter of 4 years? Is it because the sales were not as high as the GS? Is it because it "came out in Japan long before the US"? NO, that would not be a valid reason. Lexus aimed for a specific age group for the IS, it is less common than the GS and other Lexus models. The SC doesn't sell just as much as the IS, are they going to change that car too??? I don't think so. But i guess only time will tell what will happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts