Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Who owns the tuned SBM and the one with the altezza grille?

------------------
1998 Mercedes Benz SLK230
2000 Ford Excursion Ltd. 4x4 Diesel (for the winter)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Awww man... too bad I couldn't make it... I passed by Speedzone and saw you guys parked there but I had an appointment to catch...

-Chris Y.

'99 GS4 RMM Grille/intake/L-Tuned suspension/Nav

·
Registered
816 Posts
From right to left (1st, 2nd, and 3rd pics):

1. "peterc" - MSM
2. "Mark" - DWP, TRD grille, 5Zigen muffler
3. "rseifer" - MSM, 5Zigen muffler
4. "DonCorleone" - SBM, Altezza grille, custom taillight

5. "Stimpykat7" - DWP
6. "LexDymndz" - DWP
7. "TurboIS" - SBM, XS Turbo kit, suspension kit (?), body kit (?)
8. "DtEW" - DWP
9. "Black_IS300" - BO, Tein HA, 18" wheels (?), RMM intake & lip spoiler
10. "OPENWIDE" - DWP, 17" wheels (?), Borla exhaust

Not shown in any of the above photos (they arrived after the photos were taken) are "RC51" in his MSM and an unnamed friend in his DWP, both representing www.clubis300.com, with die-cut website logos covering the sides of their IS300's. This makes for a grand total of 12 IS300's.

TurboIS's SBM had a very audible blowoff valve, which was the darling of the meet. I'm sure somebody would be interested in just installing the blowoff valve if it was possible.

Black_IS300's BO had the Tein HA's, which allowed the car to stick like glue and go smoothly into/exit smooth from oversteer.

DonCorleone and I did do SpeedZone, hitting both the Slick Track and 1/2 scale road course. You guys totally shoulda been there.

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH

[This message has been edited by DtEW (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
241 Posts
That was pretty cool fellas! Good turn out for a first meet, we had a couple of is300.net guys show up toward the end too.

I was lucky enough to go for a spin in TurboIS's ride....WhOAOAaaAAAaa! Hella quick, and only dialed to %70 boost. Thanks TurboIS.

Black_IS300's tiens are pretty tight too, corners like a MUTHA.

Warren

------------------
PEARL/BLK

[This message has been edited by Stimpykat7 (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
15,322 Posts
custom taillight LOL!!

TurboIS' car sounded badass, i dint get a chance to do a ridealong, oh well, mine will be turbo'd up soon enough. his body kit also looked way better in real life... BlackIS' spoiler was pretty bad, but i think i want soemthing with more of a rake...
you guys really shoulda went to speedzone with us, it was really fun to throw those little carts around, on the way home i found myself driving a lil more aggressive... me and DTEW had a badass time spinning out the cars on the slick track and got into a few hard collisions too. definately worth the money, all that sliding and drifting was vicious, the other track we hit up was pretty baddass, close to real life driving, it was pretty fun hittin them apex's. how come nobody got a pic of my lint trap mod?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by DtEW:
TurboIS's SBM had a very audible blowoff valve, which was the darling of the meet.
Well look where they put it! Right in the hole of the lower driver side bumper. It must scream. And could the intercooler be any more obvious! Wow.

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Registered
654 Posts
Wow, looks like you guys had a great time! Maybe next time you could get more non-forum people by sending some flyers to your local Lexus dealers.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey DtEW, u forgot that I also have a 5Zigen Fireball like rseifer. Next time I'll be equipped with springs and some TRD parts that I ordered during Christmas from TRD Thailand.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We had non-forum people show too, lots of rubber necking from passing traffic. Some revs from pissing rice-rockets. And a couple of local kids on their skateboards with a camcorder...did I miss anyone?
Oh, and the rent-a-cop(you had to be there)

------------------
PEARL/BLK

[This message has been edited by Stimpykat7 (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Everyone who was there the cars look great...to bad I'm on the East Coast would have loved to have been there

Don.....I have a few questions....where were you able to locate the grill, how much was it and lastly do you think(if possible) it would look obvious if you removed the Altezza emblem and put the L there...by the way your car looks really good with the grill to bad the custom tail lights aren't as nice....j/k....thanks for any info in advance

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey nice meet, I was planning on going, but had tooooo much to do today. Is there any way we could do it next time in the San fernando valley? there is a car wash/ Costco, on Tampa, and i have seen many car clubs meet there. Northridge has many places to hang out and eat and talk, and view each others cars.
Nice SBM w/ the turbo. Gotta get a ride in that and i would like to hear some road warrior stories. How about it, another meet but in the Valley?

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
337 Posts
Time well spent. It was enjoyable meeting
and talking with other owners. Thanks guys.

·
15,322 Posts
dt1313; I got the grill, an Altezza emblem, and an Altezza parts catalogue as a gift from a friend who is a veteran IS300.net member. When I get my car back I will post pics, and I'll ask his permission if I can publicly thank him (since I don't want everyone to invade his privacy with requests) Those who know who I am reffering to, please keep it to yourselves.
My intention was to take the grill and put the Lexus emblem on it. apparently i have my work cut out for myself;
The Altezza logo clips right off, as I showed some members at the meet. All i have to do is fabricate a mounting clip and attach the L to it and it would work out nicely, but i will wait until i get my car back and then i'll see how it goes. I really like the grill, and i might just keep it like that, a few members commented that it looked way better in person.

BTW heres the beginning of my interior Mods

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
20 Participants
IS300_SILVER
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing