Lexus IS Forum banner

Pics of my trip to L-Sportline/DAZZ Motorsports

833 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jiggafett 
#1 ·
Went to L-Sportline today and got to get the run down on their IS products. Body kit wise, as we all know is already in stock and available. The front spoiler lip that is listed in their catalog is still currently under development. Ryan Alfonso, who I talked to, told me that they are planning on making the front spoiler lip compatable w/ their L-sportline bumper and one that will be compatable w/ the stock bumper. He did not have any pics for me. He did say that it will have carbon fiber piece to it. Similar to the RMM one.

Suspension wise, they are still waiting on their sport kits, springs, and coilover kits but should be here soon. No eta as of yet.

Exhaust wise, Ryan said they are in stock and available through L-Sportline dealers. He fired up the car so I could hear it and it sounded perfect. Just as a Lexus should. Very quiet w/ a very slight low rumble. Nothing like the other IS300 exhausts out now (HKS, 5Zigen, etc). Thank god. I really hate that pingy tin can sound. One thing he did say is that it is not compatible w/ the stock rear bumper. He said it will stick out too far. But I want a second opinion on that. He also could not quote me any HP gains as they have not dynoed it yet.

Wheels wise, this is where I get excited, they just arrived at their wherehouse today and I got the first set of silver ones. I went to Spreewell Racing, just down the street, and bought a set. The only bummer is that Spreewell could not mount and install them today because they were so busy w/ a photo shoot. So I have to go back Monday. I will post pics then!!!

Ryan was cool enough to let me take some pics of their car and spent about an hour w/ me answering my questions and just conversing about the IS. He said that most of their items are manufactured in Japan and that they sell most of their stuff in Japan because of the huge market their.

To see the pics, just click on my link and enjoy.

Great info, got some wheels, whatta day.

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Lexus Luthor ]

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. How much did you pay for the L-sportline rims? He might be telling the truth about the exhaust. I have the body kit and the stock exhaust tends to sit more inward than on the stock bumper, so they probably made theirs a little longer to clear the bumper. I know myself that I have recently had to wipe off excess dirt on my back bumper because the stock muffler leaves residue when the heat rises onto the bumper.

#3 ·
Great info, thanks! Their IS looks so awesome lowered on their 19's. But that does suck that their exhaust system only works with their rear bumper. I don't plan on a body kit but I'am looking for a exhaust system that isn't loud, well I can mark L-Sportline off my list. Bummer!!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.