Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this 2004 up last October and shortly after put it in storage since I live in a winter state.

This is what it looked like for the past 5 months every time I opened the back door.....

This is what it looked like when I opened the garage....

I finally decided it was time to take it out. Here's two pics with the cover removed.

I did an oil change (man the oil filter is a PITA), took it out for a quick spin. Here's a pic with the car finally out of the garage...

BUT>>>

There is now a winter storm warning and there's supposed to be around 4 - 8 inches of snow.......

I guess I'll be waiting a little longer :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
looks good in white, too bad about the snow. btw the third pic would give you a good idea how full tint would look...pretty good!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sorry to hear about the snow. Anyways, what is that small hump where the rearview mirror goes?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah...

In the first pic located on your car cover there is a little tent? o_O
That's just the car cover - its basically a little pocket where you can run an antenna through if its attached to the car. If you look in the other pic, there's another pocket towards the rear..

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Nice. You have the SportsDesign Grill and painted heads and fogs. Did you do that or did yo buy it that way?

Looks great regardless.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
very nice and clean. re: oil filter, my trick is this -- before taking off the oil filter, squeeze the new one by (I always forget the best path, so good practice with a clean one reminds me) and then I put a 1 gallon zip loc bag around the attached one, catch residual oil and filter and then snake it out the path refreshed in memory earlier. don't break the bag though, sometimes it might snag onto something.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. You have the SportsDesign Grill and painted heads and fogs. Did you do that or did yo buy it that way?

Looks great regardless.
Yes, I swapped the OEM grill for the SD grill but I didnt do anything to the lights. What are they supposed to look like stock? I'm pretty sure the original owners were not into modding the vechicle.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
They look darker, but maybe it is just the lighting in the photo.

·
Registered
387 Posts
looks great man! white would be the other color i would have gotten my sportx in. What are the future plans?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks great man! white would be the other color i would have gotten my sportx in. What are the future plans?
Get the windows tinted and purchase the vaistech ipod adapter and that "should" be good for awhile - I did buy some used H&R springs but the car only has 19K miles and I think I'll ride on stocks for a bit. Additionally, I don't think the old lady would like to see me spend anymore $$$ on this.

But I know what will eventually happen. I'll get bored doing nothing with the car and I'll end up doing something to it which equals spending $$$$$$...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts