Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the pics of my car. These are actually the dealer's own pics from when I bought the car.

I bought this 01 for one primary reason: I love SBM!
A secondary reason for buying this particular one: I got a decent deal.

Changes had to be made, though...

First thing to go was the wood trim... ugliest thing I had seen in this car... Goo gone is my buddy... :cool:

Second: The pinstripes went bye bye...
Easy-Off oven cleaner did the trick niceley... ;)

Can anyone guess what my next change will be? (hint, rappers have it on their teeth, but I don't want it on my car!) ;)

BTW: Any suggestions/critiscisms (sic) are appreciated...

########### UPDATED PICS 10/25/05 ###########

Front end with 02+ grille and custom emblems. Another grille may take it's place soon, but I needed to get rid of the 01 gold grille ASAP.

Interior without wood trim, with chrome A/C rings added (more to come)

Side shot (Chrome wheels will be gone soon, drop a little later)

Rear end shots with custom emblems. (forgot to clean off the fingerprints :pissed: ) Black Chrome tails to come later.

Closer shot of emblem.

·
11,061 Posts
I think I "need" a spoiler on my SBM...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
300iss said:
yuck...do away with the wood dash

other than that it looks pretty good...get moddin ;)

IScorpion said:
First thing to go was the wood trim... ugliest thing I had seen in this car... Goo gone is my buddy... :cool:
Way ahead of ya... :cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bganson said:
Yeah man, kill the wood dash and are those gold emblems I see?

IScorpion said:
Can anyone guess what my next change will be? (hint, rappers have it on their teeth, but I don't want it on my car!)
1: Wood Dash is already GONE

2: Pinstripes are already GONE

3: Gold emblems are NEXT (to be replaced by either painted SBM emblems or Black Pearl)

Next few changes:
- USDM Sport Design grille
- Sport Design Tails
- Drop (not sure what I'll use yet)
- HKS Hiper TI Carbon
- 19" Axis Hiro or Volk Progressive TE

From there, we'll see...

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I like the de-badged look myself - I left the middle L though...

BTW, you can get the grill and tails from the my.IS store. ;) And there's a mad special on Hotchkis springs for your drop.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
webmaster said:

BTW, you can get the grill and tails from the my.IS store. ;) And there's a mad special on Hotchkis springs for your drop.
I will have to second that Tony. I de-badge but left the "L" ....I like the look. :cool:

·
Registered
910 Posts
webmaster said:

I have a SBM as well and with some dark tails and no badges it's pretty sweet. I didn't like the L solo on the rear though I felt like i was reiterating what most people already know. But opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got em'

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
webmaster said:

Unfortunately, it can be mistaken for a Civic w/ altezza lights when the badges are gone(which is why I left mine on... we pay a massive premium for those badges FLAUNT 'EM!)

Anyway, car looks gorgeous. TAKE CARE OF IT!!! I see less & less like that everyday. I personally love the chrome rim accent on that color, but hey its your car--your taste is what matters.

I came flying up on one like that yesterday and noticed it was a middle aged woman driving it so I kept going and all of a sudden I see it coming up REALLY fast on me while I was doing bout 85, we exchanged thumbs... love it

Anyway it really looks great. Keep her clean

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
nice SBM...

remember to get the 2003 model SD grille like I had on my SBM:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah, ditch the gold emblems. I ditched mine when I got my car. Start looking for a grill because that L cannot be removed from the stock grill on an 01.

Good move in removing the wood and chromes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Orangetang21 said:
I have a SBM as well and with some dark tails and no badges it's pretty sweet. I didn't like the L solo on the rear though I felt like i was reiterating what most people already know. But opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got em'
I've thought a little about either no badges or just leaving the L. I figured I'd just see how it looks while removing the badges one by one.

I thought about color matching the badges in SBM because I still haven't seen an IS like that, and I liked how it looked on a previous car I had. I like things understated, so I won't be doing much "JDM" stuff...

webmaster said:

tsopranoMB said:
nice SBM...

remember to get the 2003 model SD grille like I had on my SBM:

That is the grille I'll be putting on there... With a Carbon-backed "L"... I don't really like the Altezza grilles (not my taste, please don't flame :) ).

Haven't made up my mind on suspension, I've been searching like a good newbie should for information on ride, drop, and performance... Might just wait and get a coilover set.

Thank you ALL for your suggestions and feedback... :)

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
IScorpion said:
1: Pinstripes are already GONE

Its amazing how much better your car looks when the pinstripe comes off. I did mine 2 weeks ago. Car look so much cleaner....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GutterMouth said:
Its amazing how much better your car looks when the pinstripe comes off. I did mine 2 weeks ago. Car look so much cleaner....
I agree... The difference for me was like night and day... Although the daylight is still clouded by those friggin gold emblems...

Pinstripes, fake wood, chrome wheels and gold badges... I've wondered if the original owner thought he was at a Cadillac dealership... :suspiciou

BTW: Has anyone seen pics of an IS with color matched emblems? I've searched and searched and couldn't find one.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
How easy is it to take off those dash kits? When I was shopping around I saw a lot with these tacky silvery plastic dash kits. Does it leave a lot of marks when you take them off?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts