Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
that is incredible man! i just got back from the dealer today. i love it! the color you chose is great! good call on 5 speed! congrats! hows the navi system? based off dvd in the trunk like the other lexus car's navi? does it talk to you throught he speakers like in the other cars!?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the nav. is great, but still havent got to actually learn how to use it, and that thing will not shut up keeps telling me to go another direction(should of payed attention when they were showin me ,i was just so happy)..gonna go through manuel now till i figure it out..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the car is great , the shifter feels very different compared to my si i had, not that its a bad thing but my si was much smoother shifting i guess i just have to get use to the shifter.. my moms really sad she bought her car 8 months ago(fully loaded,grey)and wishes she would have waited, she loves the red.. i wish there was more compartment space i have gate opener, keys and glasses, but wont fit except for in the glove compartment. still need to go through manuel for the nav system.
one day having the car already dozens of compliments!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by is300_JP:
Remember this is lexus's first stick.
No, it isn't. There used to be a stick on SC300s and even ES300s, probably on ES250s as well. Besides, toyota has a quite a few manual cars

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice.......I like the new red!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Originally posted by David N.:
the car is great , the shifter feels very different compared to my si i had, not that its a bad thing but my si was much smoother shifting i guess i just have to get use to the shifter..
David,

I bet the 5sp IS300 is much more responsive then the E-shift

You mentioned that the IS doesn't have smooth shifting. Is the IS's shifter bounchy or hard to engage in gear or what?

Anyway, congrats on your beautiful 5sp IS, dude!

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: mystic ]

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Lucky guy - I'd love to have the 5-speed... But, I still like the way my IS looks more - guess I'm biased...

Enjoy... I have pictures in the link below.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am jealous!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks fully loaded, my dealer had your car in silver, with leathe escaine, no nav. Gotta love your set up, oh and so does your local PD

1 - 20 of 28 Posts