Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to cut back on the pics. Im down to 3 pics a day.
But after the wax, the car was lookin hella good.
I used meguires gold class wash, polish, carnuba wax. Mmmm waxalicious!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
5-DAY WEATHER FORECAST:

Tues: RAIN
Wed RAIN
Thur: RAIN
Fri: RAIN
Sat: THUNDERSTORM

:)

jk, nice wax job..yummy!
'hope the weather stays fine!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SexyLex said:
5-DAY WEATHER FORECAST:

Tues: RAIN
Wed RAIN
Thur: RAIN
Fri: RAIN
Sat: THUNDERSTORM

:)

jk, nice wax job..yummy!
'hope the weather stays fine!
Actually today I found out there's something almost as bad as the dreaded RAIN forecast. WIND. I got back to my car which I thought was safe because it was covered in the third floor parking structure (some times I have to park on top floor and have birds doing target practice on my hood). Anyway, there was dust all over the car. Good thing it sort of blew off on the way home, but its still a dusty now.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ImpulseXvX said:
Don..you're screwed this week..but NICE wax job..how long did it take?
For my first real wax job, I rushed, I didn't do the roof.
Anyway I washed it, then the polish and wax took about an hour.
So about an hour and 20 minutes.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
thedon said:
For my first real wax job, I rushed, I didn't do the roof.
Anyway I washed it, then the polish and wax took about an hour.
So about an hour and 20 minutes.
And it will all come undone in a short while..dood..I'm sorry...

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Not for nothing.... After seeing such great pics of your car in this post
Im not really feelin that CF Ltuned Grill. I think it would look better if you painted the frame SBM. If ur L-Tuned lower bumper splitter was GGP like the way the JDM kits are I think the CF grills kinda blends in nicely.

Thats just my $.02 for today... otherwise.. that is the cleanest sleekest SBM I have seen in a looooong time ;)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BigDaddyRich said:
Not for nothing.... After seeing such great pics of your car in this post
Im not really feelin that CF Ltuned Grill. I think it would look better if you painted the frame SBM. If ur L-Tuned lower bumper splitter was GGP like the way the JDM kits are I think the CF grills kinda blends in nicely.

Thats just my $.02 for today... otherwise.. that is the cleanest sleekest SBM I have seen in a looooong time ;)
HeLL NO im not gonna even think about doing that. To me (On my car) that would look ugly as hell. Im not trying to look like the JDM version. I like it fine as is.
And my car is IBP not SBM.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
thedon said:
Im trying to cut back on the pics. Im down to 3 pics a day.
But after the wax, the car was lookin hella good.
I used meguires gold class wash, polish, carnuba wax. Mmmm waxalicious!
Hey Don I have to agree with you........!!!! Your car looked like you just pulled it out of the showroom when you pulled up on Saturday....
While i was working on your intake, I almost slide off your fender...j/k :lol:

You definetely did a great job.... Smooth and definetely "Waxalicious!"

Joe Z

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Utark said:
What kind of polish and carnuba wax did you use?
Now that Im home I can post the specifics.
Its ALL Meguiar's.
Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
Meguiar's Deep Crystal System Polish
Meguiar's Deep Crystal system Carnauba Wax
Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance Long Lasting Tire Protectant Gel

It works good. I didn't have the 1st step in their 3 step process. They have a cleaner product. My car is still pretty new.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Good Carnuba Wax gives better results than Zaino in terms of shine. But, Zaino lasts a hell of a lot longer tho.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
hey don, i think you missed a spot! :lol:

wow, looks nice.. but yea, its windy as hell right now.. up here in La Canada, there is junk from every single tree in the streets and my power went out for a bit as well too! (couldnt even get the car outta the garage!)

wind sucks :pissed:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
damn Don that does look supertasty!!!

I love the SHINE!!!!!

I almost wanna get a darker color now cus it .... it.....it's just so shiny!!!

My MSM does not reflect so much being a lighter color, but it do look sweet all cleaned up...

& btw these Cali. Car duster thingies are pretty f'ing GOOD at lifting all the dust off the car as long as it is only a light coating & you use it very lightly & carefully... i have heard lots of negatives on these things BUT if you regularly keep a nice coat of wax/ zaino what ever on the car & only use the duster for just that... light dusting etc they are Excellent tools to keep the car looking BADASS 4 even a few days after it was done.....

I have an old one i've had for years, & it does get softer & better as the time goes by & work better & better too the parrafin/wax stuff in the cotton fibers helps them pick up & hold the dust & i've been shocked at how good it works with not even the slightese scratching swirling what ever....

that said i usually only use it for the 1st day or two after a fresh wash & wax.... after that it is usualy too durty to risk it.....

edgy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
Flatline IS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing