Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hey Mike, ur ride looks tight.. Im thinking about black now... haha...
Oh yeah.. could you take some pictures of it on pavement or something?? With the grass I cant really tell how far off the ground it is! (heh heh.. or maybe u put it on the grass so it looks lower =P ...)

Nice ride though... i assume with 18's, the fender would be right at the tires??

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill try to get some pics on the pavement. the ride is very smooth. i havent scraped anywhere yet, except once for the very front where these two plastic things just hang down low in front of the front tires. i got the install in nor cal, cost almost 400 out the door including install and tax. i dont know how good that is but i didnt want to bother installing them myself on such a new car. ill see if i can get some more pics up in the next couple of days.

mike

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very Smooth huh?? I bet its not as Smooth as my IS3..

Your car looks good though. The black is pretty.

But I would get tired of worrying about whether or not my car will scrape on minor bumps in the road.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
my god, what kind of digital camera did you use? those are like the sharpest pictures I've ever seen. nice car too.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
With your permission, I might use that top picture as my background at work. If I can endure the "boy racer" jokes. My coworkers want me to get a BMW 5 series so they can ride to lunch in comfort. Bah.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the camera i used was a kodak dc290. i think it was on the middle resolution setting. the pictures came out to be huge and i cut them down in size using photoshop.

ckolsen: go ahead and use that pic for your background. its actually what im using at work also. haha.

mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
acuracing,

Nice pics and the car looks great lowered....cleaned up that fender gap. Thanks because I was wondering how my car would look like when lowered. My kg/mm's won't be available for awhile but what do you guys think of APEX suspensions (not APEX'i)

Thanks....

·
Registered
259 Posts
APEX (not Apex-i) makes great coilovers, independently adjustable ride and height, which is a major ++ for me... I don't know about the rest of you, but I like a very taut stiff and sporty feel not giving much regard to comfort, without having to slam the car. I believe the ride is 22 way adjustable.

Acuracing - Nice ride, man, but you're cheating puttin it on the grass
hheeheh, grass ALWAYS makes a car look lower. The fender gap is perfect. The drop makes the 17's look slightly bigger (good thing of course) But, as you said your rear camber is an issue. I can even almost see it in one of the pics, maybe its just playing eye games.

Great drop!

------------------
Kenny
3.2 TL

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yea, I was wondering about the rear camber.
The IS3 (Stock Suspension)(Rear) has a (Small) inward slant to the rear wheels under acceleration. Noticed this the other day while following behind my wife.
I suspected that (Small) slant would be Magnified with Lowering Springs. And from your pictures I was right.

The car looks good though.

But not good enough to give up the Nice ride the Stock Suspension gives. Not to mention the ground clearance issue.
Our tailpipe scrapes if we don't back out of our drive way at small angle.
Thats with the Stock Suspension.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i plan on getting a alignment soon. the rear suspension has an adjustable camber setting, so that should be easy to take care of, no problem. the slight slant you see when the vehicle accelerates might be due to the weight transfer to the rear. maybe lowering springs will help reduce the squat due to a more stiffer setting? it doesnt really matter to me. i think i made a good car look great. but thats just my opinion.

mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great pics! I also have a blk is300, but not lowered. I sent your pics to my parents since they haven't seen my car yet!

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I heard that the camber doesn't adjust far enough to get everything aligned properly with the H&R springs. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am probably goin to adjust the rear camber today after work. if anything i can decrease it but i dont know if i can make it stock. i was lookin at it in the parkin lot at work at it is quite noticeable. if i can adjust it so it is not quite as bad ill be happy to live with it. if i can i will try to post pics.

mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts