Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nice TEG,

From my UserName, I am waiting for a Graphite Grey w/ graphite polished wheels. How does the Graphite on Graphite look?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweeeeetttt.

Although the graphites are lighter (and closer to stock looking) than I was expecting from the early magazine pictures.

I think they made some dark prototype graphite wheels that they showed off, and then went more "conservative" for the production version.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have graphite wheels on my black IS, and they look tough ... I saw them on the gray IS at the dealership as well, and they looked great ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
nice pics TEG thanks. but, could you take some in sunlight to show off that metallic paint?

btw, today my dealer called and said my car will be at the port on monday and may be at the dealership on saturday. GGP w/BLK LS ,SR,AL

[TEG removed quoted pictures ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited September 23, 2000).]

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was going to mention this earlier but forgot -- it's really hard to get good pictures of the gray except in really bright sunlight. I've been trying for awhile and haven't quite nailed it.

Apparently not a coincidence that the color is close to a Stealth Bomber . . . .

·
2,909 Posts
Now I really can't wait till I get mine, seeing yours is going to make it harder for me when I go make my deal, I'll just be picturing yours!!! Have fun in your long awaited new IS!!!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looks almost as nice as my silver
. Seriously, grey was my 2nd choice. I like the way the paint sparkles in the sunlight. Enjoy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice car TEG. Looks like 17'' rims on the car. Thought you originally wanted 16''.

[From TEG: No - I never wanted the 16" wheels - I always wanted the 17" graphite polished. I just wish that the wheels were a bit darker like in the pictures of the prototypes. ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited September 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice car,
I see you debadged the rear emblems Lexus and IS 300. Were they easy to remove? What about the L?
Looks nice and clean though

[From TEG: Not too hard - I used a Kyocera ceramic knife that I bought in Japan (the right tool for the job
) and then rubbed with my fingers to get the sticky tape off (and I have the blister to prove it
) and then I used some "goof off" product to remove the last bit of gluey residue ]

[I heard that the (L) has some metal studs that go through the metalwork... Besides I decided that I want to leave the Lexus logo on there. ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited September 24, 2000).]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
30 Participants
Groton300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing