Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
how is it installed? is it attached by a brace that runs under the trunk lid? you said no holes in the trunk lid, any drilling at all? does it interfer with the opening of the trunk? where'd you get it? 700 total? where'd u get it painted and installed? thanks.

·
13,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup...it's attached under the trunk so there was no need for drilling or anything.

total cost for the spoiler was quite expensive: cost me around $818 ($480 for the spoiler and $338 for shipping). it cost me another $220 to get it painted and installed. you can install it yourself...it's really pretty easy. if you look on the side of your trunk lid you'll see these two square pieces on each side which you can remove and the spoiler goes right into that area. and then it attaches to the trunk with an adhesive. the only thing i need to do is adjust the springs to the trunk.

i got it installed at a body shop called body dynamics in san jose. i took hypermkiv's advice (btw, thanks hypermkiv!)

i bought the spoiler from japan. you can check out the site but it's in japanese: Design Circuit

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
good damn it cost almost as much as the spoiler for shipping, damn! i dont think so, i will wait rather than get it up the ass. nice spoiler though, but too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Hmm... i kinda like the little lip spoiler that they had on the CEC IS200... Where do you get those from? TTE? TRD?

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oneeyejack:

Your spoiler looks SWEET! Did you order your spoiler directly from Design Circuit or did you have to go through someone else? Does Design Circuit have a webpage?

Aloha!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I won't put a spoiler on my SBM, but yours looks nice.

Can't say I care for the two horizontal styling lines at each end, though.

·
13,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leichardti: the webpage link is up above in one of my previous posts!

i had someone from japan order it for me.

btw, if you go to their webpage, the silver altezza they have on the page was featured in one of the issues of sport compact car.

[This message has been edited by oneeyejack (edited November 28, 2000).]

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
i like it better than that high spoiler and the one with the brake light that were offered on a lot of IS300s as dealer installed options. it is nice, but not $1000 nice, i remember seeing a nice lip but cannot find the picture. i would like to install a body kit but not overdo it, mayb a front lip spoiler and a rear deck lip and some decent skirts with a rear bumper skirt that integrates nicely with the exhaust and exemplifies the lines of the IS, not tacky.

[This message has been edited by DonCorleone (edited November 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
139 Posts
unless you paid for air freight you got riznaped on the shipping! my shop has a company in japan that orders parts for us, and i have never heard of anything costing that much. hell i can ship a set of rims air freight for that much!!

but i must say that wing looks really nice!!! if you need exhaust i can get my hands on the 5Zigen fireball
[email protected]

·
2,909 Posts
I have had my eye on that spoiler for close to a year now, I can't beleive someone else has found it. It looks great, I know everyone thinks that price is high, but lets remember this is prob. one of a few that have been shipped here. Good job, I think you are 1000% satisfied w/ your purchase of that spoiler.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts