1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
These cars look so muscular. Congrats to those who are getting these cars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gas Mileage and other daily driving observations

To answer the previous post, yes that car has massive pick up and does throw everyone in the car back into their seats.

Regarding gas mileage, I stated in a previous post when I first got my car that the first two gas tanks I was averaging less than 10mpg because I was driving a bit too aggressively.

On my last two tanks, I tried to maximize my gas economy by accelerating slowly and I have driven mostly freeway miles. My MPG average increased dramatically to about 22MPG, quite frankly I am shocked at how close it is to my IS250 (my previous car) which averages around 25MPG using the same driving techniques. I think the advantage of the 8 speed transmission is to credit here, at freeway cruising speeds the RPM gauge is around 1500RPM in eighth gear.

And finally another thing I noticed on the IS-F was when going down a hill, the car will automatically downshift into a lower gear to reduce the need for manual braking. I never noticed this feature on my previous IS250 because on at the same hill I would constantly have to tap on my brakes to avoid exceeding 70MPH.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ISF Key Fob

I hadn't seen anyone else post pic yet of their IS-F key fob, but here it is if you are interested in seeing what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the reply.
but what do you think about the exterior? have never seen one personally.
what do you think about it? and what do others think about it? and also
before buying this car. what others cars did you have in mind??

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Nice ride!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ISF Styling

In my opinion, the IS-F looks much better in person than in most photos and brochures that I have seen. Every salesperson at Lexus dealership where I purchased my car, every friend or acquaintance that has seen the car in person stated the same thing to me. I think some cars look better in photos and some cars look better in person...the IS-F for me is the latter.

Admittedly the car looks like a regular IS with a bunch of bolts on's....it doesn't have the same "built and designed from the ground up" look as the new BMW M3...so the styling may not appeal to those looking for subtlety or elegance. The most common negative comment that I hear is that people tell me the add on's look cheap. I think that is a matter of personal opinion, I definitely think Lexus could have done a better job making the side intake and the quad exhaust more functional.

The one thing that no one disputes is the engine noise and how terrific it sounds under full throttle (or even at half throttle)...I cannot begin to tell you what an incredible job the engineers at Lexus did with that. I think people are shocked that it came out of this car...people expect to see a Ferrari, Lambo, or Z06....it is that good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts