Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday night me and a few friends were going to las vegas. On the way I was driving pretty fast. Next thing I know there is a car riding my ass. Then he comes along side of me. IT WAS A FREAKIN SKYLINE R31! I couldnt believe it! The guy was driving on the right side of the car. It had dealer plates too. His engine sounded so wicked. ANyway on the freeway we got up to 115 and he wasnt pulling on me too bad. I think he might have been toying with me. I had my friend take some pictures. Some of them are kind of blurry but you can still see.

a pic of me in front of the skyline! we were going over 100 here.

·
Registered
292 Posts
damn! you are super lucky...
must be a great experience?...

how was the race anyways?
i love skyline!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Unless that car had the speed governed computer chip switched, that Skyline wouldn't go over 200 km.......( or 190 km, don't remember which)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The race was awesome. We were racing for about 35 minutes. There wasnt too much traffic out so we were cutting through lanes hauling ass the whole time. I wish he was going all the way to vegas! The guy was really cool too. We were both waving and giving thumbs up. It was lots of fun!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
dude, I think it is 180km/h, I think that is the Japanese speed limit for all cars.
BTW, I just heard that R35 may be using the R390 motor and will be build for both left and right hand drive. If both these rumors are true, then we may be finally getting this amazing car (officially) in the states.

·
Registered
759 Posts
When I was in Vegas a place called Carzmetics had two Skylines...a modded purple R32 (the one you saw was an R32...not an R31)...and a stock white R33...I almost bought it...but maintenance would have been a hassle...especially on the east coast.

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

·
Registered
635 Posts
That is really cool R32 Skyline... Honestly, I have never seen any Skyline in US, but I've seen some of them in Asia.

·
Registered
26 Posts
DANIEL!!!! are you saying that there is a possible chance that people living in the U.S can have a chance of driving the skyline R35?????
thank in advance

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Mark, come down to Orange County, around Irvine and Costa Mesa, and you may possibly see one or two R32 or R33's.
Brokenhearted, what I have wrote before were the rumors I have heard. I think the chance of Skyline coming to US is greater than before because of the introduction of the new Supra, NSX, and the Mazda rotary engine powered car (is it RX-Evo?). But for now anything about the R35 are pretty much rumor except for the engine I think. It is pretty much confirmed they are dropping the current engine and are going for the V-8. I just hope it is the R390 engine they are using, not the Q45 engine.
Cross your finger, we may see some real Japanese sport cars here in a couple of years.

·
Registered
139 Posts
for all of you that don't know already. there is a company out here in gardena, ca. called motorex. they are the unofficial, official importers of skylines into the U.S. they are about 5 minutes from my shop, and everyone here is very close with them. every once in a while they will bring buy a new customers car. i took some pics of the last one they brought buy, a GT-R tuned by apex, that some 22 year old kid bought, but too bad for you all, but i am way too lazy to post them

------------------

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
shinestreetBen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing