Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just trying to build an 04 IS300 on Lexus' website and it kept forcing me to choose from "packages" of options that I think it's trying to tell me the dealers in my area have, all of which included the rear spoiler and 11-spoke rims, neither of which I want.

I was wondering where I can see some pics of these 11-spoke rims.

Btw, can I order an IS300 any way I want it? I wouldn't mind waiting a couple months for it to arrive if I could get it without options I don't want. :noway:

·
8,852 Posts
You should be able to special-order the car with the options you want. The spoiler is nice, however, the 11 spoke wheels are ugly, IMO.
The 11 spoke wheels should be the same as SportDesign edition available for 2003 only.

·
Founder
8,579 Posts
As Vlad said, the 11 spoke wheels are the 2003 Sport Design wheels.

Yes, you can get an IS exactly how you want - they call them special orders. Be prepared to wait at least 3 months and don't expect your dealer to be very helpful, some won't even do it at all.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Many pictures are bad for the 11-spoke :lol: . They look very nice in person. The SD's also included:

Darker headlights, tail lights, and fog lights
A new leather color, Ash, which I think is great
A new color, Thundercloud
A chrome exhaust tip
SportDesign grille

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
i like my 11 spoke better, there deff not as stock looking and give the car a diff look right from the begining, check my sig if u want some more pics

·
8,852 Posts
11 spoke wheels are options, the dark tails/headlights are standard.
I believe SD had different colored dark tail/headlights - dark with a little hit of blue tint.

Only 5 spoke wheels are available in our area.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree that the 11 spoke rims look much better in person than in photos. I saw some spinning on a SD and they look pretty good. If I had to choose though I'd still probably go with the 5 spoke that mine came with, they just look more aggressive.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
JRock said:
And now they offer all that on the 04s as options or standard, but not a specific package like the SD, right?
to be specific, you can't get the thundercloud color or the ash grey interior as options currently.

i'm not sure about getting the SD grille or chrome tip for NO add'tal cost...

also the SD headlamps/taillights are slightly bluish grey in color, not as dark as the 2004s...

other options included with the SD were: spoiler, cargo net, trunk mat, etc...

i hope that clarifies things a bit more for ya! :D

·
Not Officially Back
12,292 Posts
GraphiteSportDesign said:
Many pictures are bad for the 11-spoke :lol: . They look very nice in person. The SD's also included:

Darker headlights, tail lights, and fog lights
A new leather color, Ash, which I think is great
A new color, Thundercloud
A chrome exhaust tip
SportDesign grille
And:
Black pearl emblems (sweet)
SportDesign badge behind front wheel wells

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.