Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi dt1313, I was wondering how much the install for the motorized tv was. Your setup is sweet!
thanks
Pat

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: is300pat ]

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wow.... that tv really fits well, nice custom work!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree with everyone else, pretty sweet setup. I have a quick question though. How often do you play the PS2 in your car? Did you buy a second PS2 just for your car? I'm really not seeing the utility in putting the system in your car, unless you are also using it as your DVD player.

dr1ft3r

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking of putting a PS2 in my car as well.

Even though I may not use it all the time, at $299 and if you can fit in in your car, that's a damn bargain. Most car DVD players start out at $499 and most portable DVD players start out at $399. PS2 seems to be the least expensive way to go, and not to mention having the ability to play ps1 and ps2 games when you want to.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for the compliments...To answer some questions...The custom monitor setup runs about $3700...Now that may seem alot but it is the original piece with a totally custom piece fiberglassed and molded together...Also the TV is a 7" Widescreen(not a traditional screen)lastly the TV is moved by an actuator so it goes up and down pretty quickly......dr1ft3r basically if i'm traveling any distance that's beyond 1/2 hour I pop in a movie or let my passengers play a game, I didn't buy a second unit the one I have is installed with a gameport....meaning that the A/V's actually plug into my rear ashtray and he power plug is in that compartment right next to the ashtray....so i can take the PS2 in and out.......hope that helps....Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
yo man...
That is one sick piece of work. What kind of TV is that? I'm planning on getting a TV/DVD/CD player as well w/o losing the stock 6 CD changer. Is there anyway to get it done above the ashtray? $3700 is really steep, but it's worth it in my books. I might have to forgo rims to get my piece done like that. Any suggestions on getting a TV/DVD/CD player in w/o losing the 6CD changer? Thanks.

--Eugene.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey Dan, noones mentioned the exterior of your ride very nice!! I love the wheels what size are those badboys and what kinda drop you got? Tight ride Man!! Thanks

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Hey Dan,

You're killing me !!!!

Gang, this car is Hardcore. Pictures do not do justice to it. It's amazing how really good wheels make a huge difference. Keep up the good work.... I'm just trying to keep up with you ..

Mark

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark....THANK YOU VERY MUCH......From you the compliments really mean something.....You do know that i'm just trying to keep up with you....Also I hope you know it fact that you have the nicest IS in Jersey(well till I get that Kit on...hehehe)....To everyone else Thanks for the kind words

Dan

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
How long did it take to install? and do you have navigation in there?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oooooo I like! .. I havent done anything to my IS300 yet. Just kept it stock, I'm going to tint the windows soon. But I love those Rims, and Im going to talk to my dad about getting some new ones for my car soon.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys sorry i've been away for a while...To answer questions here goes

The install took about two weeks.....If you notice in the trunk the whole thing is wrapped in suede to match the interior

The TV is made by Sharp I believe, what I do know is that when you get to a screen of this qualtiy they're all the same.....The high quality is there just like a Santeca. Accele and the Alpine Head unit(CVA series)

Hope that helps anymore ???'s feel free

Dan

...Got rid of some spelling errors

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: dt1313 ]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts