Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
happen to onyone else?? did the install today with my mechanic, it was pretty simple and straight foward like all the rest. The only problem is the rear rotors are too wide (the disc itself not the hub) and the caliper doesnt go over the rotor even with the pads out. We used a measuring device and it was off by 5mm (see hi res pics), .

I will get in touch with Irotor tommorow and see if I can get a refund just for the rear rotors since I used the pads and Im not gonna waste time/money to do it again.

The fronts are nice, the only thing I notice yet is a different bite.(ive only driven 10 miles on them so...) I went with the axxis cermamic pads. Once I break them in I will write a review on them.

pic on the car

without wheel

pic of measurment of caliper
iRotor

OEM

pic of how tight caliper was on rear iRotor

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Fronts looks good!!!!! I hope they straighten your rears out. What kinda of rims are those? I dont think I recognize them...They look good too!

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
uhm...hmm too thick..so the caliper wont slide over, even with the pads out or what??

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The rear arent even supposed to be vented like that what were they thinkign when they sent you those?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
BossMan said:
The rear arent even supposed to be vented like that what were they thinkign when they sent you those?
yeah the rears are usually solid and thin like ours,you should have gone with Rotora rotors from Carson Toyota I paid $75 for each rotor and fitment was like if not better than stock.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
peopel are rtight - you go thte wrong rear rotor - the rears are solid

sorry top hear that man

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
uh my rotors are just like that. they fit fine, just gota pop the ..like..forgot what theyre called...u gotta force open the caliper to fit it over. mine fitted fine, ive had them for about 4-5 months now.

keep in mind, www.irotors.com gets their rotors from brembo. they are all brembo blanks, irotors just slots, or crossdrills them, & also in some cases zinc coats them if u buy the full set of rotors and pads. they are genuine brembos, and mine have been functioning fine for months. however if u really cant help it, give them a call and im sure we'd all like to know what they have got to say. best of luck,

-Aaron

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
onyxaltezza said:
uhm...hmm too thick..so the caliper wont slide over, even with the pads out or what??
even without the pads, if you see in one of the pics the rotor is claerly way to thick. I even tried forcing it in and it wasnt happening, I am sure iRotors will fix the problem.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have had mine for a few months, and they work AWESOME. They get kinda squeaky when the are hot, and the pads are DUSTY AS HELL for the first 2 weeks or so. Overall I am very impressed with them. I also went with the AXXIS pads.

Reactions: linner420

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GutterMouth said:
Fronts looks good!!!!! I hope they straighten your rears out. What kinda of rims are those? I dont think I recognize them...They look good too!
rims are ronjon wheels (www.ronjonwheels.com). They are hubcentric for acura/hondas but our centerbores are extremely close so they work and i am buddies with the owner so i got a good deal on them. (their a staggered setup too)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Looks like they sent you 4 fronts

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
somguy2u said:
peopel are rtight - you go thte wrong rear rotor - the rears are solid

sorry top hear that man

Wow wth are you drunk?

·
Registered
578 Posts
dude, just call irotors and get them prelaced b/c it they dont look right and shoulnt even try to put them iether.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lexroll said:
dude, just call irotors and get them prelaced b/c it they dont look right and shoulnt even try to put them iether.
ummm dude they looked right and fit fine against the hub, itwas the caliper that didnt clear the thickness of the rotor. If you look we had to use a brake caliper measuring device to find there was a 5mm difference. i bet u couldnt tell a 5mm difference from one rotor to another

edit - learn to write too

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
the rear rotors should be solid. not vented. too much of a spacing gap. compare it to the front rotor. looks like same thickness.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Lookin good.. Hope rear gets straightened out.. if not Go TT brakes

Reactions: linner420

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i talked to iRotor and they were very easy to deal with, they said that they sent the wrong rear rotors by the part # i told them....they were gonna send out a set today but i told them to just refund me for the rear rotors bc I used the pads and dont feel like doin them again or get them done. No questions were asked and they are sending me a RMA. Everything looks like it is going to ok and I am one happy iRotor customer. Anyone thats looking for rotors I would say go with them they are inexpensive and have good customer service.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Split2nd said:
I have had mine for a few months, and they work AWESOME. They get kinda squeaky when the are hot, and the pads are DUSTY AS HELL for the first 2 weeks or so. Overall I am very impressed with them. I also went with the AXXIS pads.
i just noticed my wheels and they are dusty as hell......gonna have to wash the car like 4x over the next 2 weeks to keep these wheels clean. Its been one day and it looks like its been a week

1 - 20 of 20 Posts