Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
damn, i ono wats wrong ,perhaps coincidence, or perhaps i did somem wrong so god hates me...but i hv been extremely unlucky lately...

it all started way back in early August, one day when i was hurrying to my japn class, i got stuck in traffic (on Grand trying to make a right on Amar if anyone knows where mt. sac is). So if anyone is local in walnut knows that there is a bike lane on the side of the road on grand near amar....so anyway, i got stuck in traffic and i was abt to be late....so...yes...i made the decision dat most ppl would make, i drove in the bike lane.....and then it just so happned to have a cop just finished handling the car accident(which caused the jam) near grand and amar....sigh here it is my consequence:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/xxaltezzaxx/accident/DSC01367.jpg
F**K it, that's $147 rite thur i mean for jusz f**kin drivin on the bike lane...(Not to mention i had to pay $10 for online traffic school!!!!)

Then i got into an accident recently while i was hurrying my way to work....don't even ask me how and why it happened, i hit a cab in front of me...dat's all i am gonna say....so here are the pix:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/xxaltezzaxx/accident/DSC01363.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/xxaltezzaxx/accident/DSC01364.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/xxaltezzaxx/accident/DSC01365.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/xxaltezzaxx/accident/DSC01366.jpg

OMFG...so i went to a local body shop and had an estimate....i thought i was lucky enuff dat none of the major parts in the engine bay are broken...only the bent hood and the cracked bumper....but i guess i shouldnt be happy so early....the estimate came out to be over $1700 (almost half of it goes to labor)....i was like wtf...am i reading this correct?

And then today my boss told me that the business is going to be finished in a month or two and is telling me to start lookin for another job....i am like ok...watever...i knew it wouldnt be just traffic tickets and car accident...

thx for letting me tell u how my life sux....


Here comes the real intention of posting this thread. Does $1700 sound right? Should I got for CF hood and a full body kit all around? comments plz....

P.S. if u ar local, recommend me some shop mang...thx a bunch
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,701 Posts
1700 sounds right on the money, just claim it on insurance.

Life doesn't suck. At least you didn't kill or run over a bicyclist AND total your car out...

THEN life would SUCK. Everything happens for a reason. I like the CF hood idea, and if you wanna kit it out, cool, but kitted out IS's (or any car for that matter) with stock wheels and stock ride height look worse than the car completely stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,398 Posts
in august of last year i had an accident, i rear ended a BMW at like 10mph. When i put it in the shop i had the body kit taken off (cuz i ordered a new one). It needed the hood repaired and repainted cuz it was dented at the very tip. I had the front bumper repaired from the cracks in the plastic and repainted, but no damage was done to the chassis or engine bay. I also had the rear bumper repainted because of the little scratches it had on it from the vizage lip. Final cost was $1,5xx.

Needless to say i never put the older kit or the new kit back on. When the new kit arrived it looked like pure shit. The bumper was all cracked up, the side skirts were 1/4 inch too short and had cracks and holes in them. The rear bumper didnt fit and had an assload of bondo on it to cover up the ridges and cracks on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Inspar8r said:
1700 sounds right on the money, just claim it on insurance.

Life doesn't suck. At least you didn't kill or run over a bicyclist AND total your car out...

THEN life would SUCK. Everything happens for a reason. I like the CF hood idea, and if you wanna kit it out, cool, but kitted out IS's (or any car for that matter) with stock wheels and stock ride height look worse than the car completely stock.
TRUE....i jus hope nothing bad would happen in near future...i think i will go for CF hood pretty sure....but body kits....i ono...coz u ar rite...i would need rims for them to look gd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NiNE said:
in august of last year i had an accident, i rear ended a BMW at like 10mph. When i put it in the shop i had the body kit taken off (cuz i ordered a new one). It needed the hood repaired and repainted cuz it was dented at the very tip. I had the front bumper repaired from the cracks in the plastic and repainted, but no damage was done to the chassis or engine bay. I also had the rear bumper repainted because of the little scratches it had on it from the vizage lip. Final cost was $1,5xx.

Needless to say i never put the older kit or the new kit back on. When the new kit arrived it looked like pure shit. The bumper was all cracked up, the side skirts were 1/4 inch too short and had cracks and holes in them. The rear bumper didnt fit and had an assload of bondo on it to cover up the ridges and cracks on it.
Well...my situation is kinda like urs...i was going maybe 15-20mph when i hit the cab....i juz hope der wont be any chasis work needed to be done or anythnig major....i hope...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,081 Posts
xxaltezzaxx said:
uploaded again with da site u sent me, thx


no problem man, and + rep is always welcome ;)



but yeah, the estimate you got is about whats to be expected... youre driving a lexus not a ford.

id go for the CF hood if i were you... im not a huge body kit fan, but if thats your thing, more power to you.


if it makes you feel any better, here's a picture of my IS300:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scruffyburritos said:
no problem man, and + rep is always welcome ;)



but yeah, the estimate you got is about whats to be expected... youre driving a lexus not a ford.

id go for the CF hood if i were you... im not a huge body kit fan, but if thats your thing, more power to you.


if it makes you feel any better, here's a picture of my IS300:

Yes I feel a bit better now...lol...i am actually lookin for CF hood on eBay now...i hv seen some under $300 and some over $500 (VIS)...is VIS really dat gd?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,398 Posts
Didnt think the hood would be as messed up as it is. Mine didnt even push up when i had my wreck. It just put a dent all the way across the front, right above my grill. Just make sure they get it ligned up right when they fixed it cuz mine is BARELY off but still noticable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NiNE said:
Didnt think the hood would be as messed up as it is. Mine didnt even push up when i had my wreck. It just put a dent all the way across the front, right above my grill. Just make sure they get it ligned up right when they fixed it cuz mine is BARELY off but still noticable.
i no...but wat i hit was a crown vict mang....even cops use dose...dose are built tuff...the cab's rear had only scratches and tiny dents maybe...i didnt think my hood would push up like this either...and wat did u say to get ligned up rite?...did u mean to lign the hood rite?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
From the looks of it... $1700 actually sounds pretty cheap. I just got mine outta the shop that had a slight dent in the fender. All they did was straightened it, and repainted the fender, bumper and hood. And replaced the headlight and it was $1600. Yours looks a lot worse.

They say bad luck comes in 3s. So hopefully you're done! Good luck with everything!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
sorry to hear..glad u are alright and it could've been MUCH WORSE! just look on the positive side, you car will look pimp with CF and a kit...good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
There's a miniskirt behind that fine report. I guess that's something to be happy about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
C01364.jpg[/IMG]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,015 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top