Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, THANKS GUYS 4 helping me finalize on Axis Penta wheels. Now the Q is, i have 3 options to pick from:

b0_1_b.jpg

Option A) 18x8 +40 (2' lip) - FRONT
18x8Maxis +35 Lip (3' lip) - REAR
(axis rep said rear might need spacers to fit; fender rolling in rear -maybe?)

Option B) 19x8.5 +45 all around (2.25' lip)
(will fit without any mods - i might add spacers in rear to give staggered look)

Option C) 19x8.5 +45 (2.25' lip) - FRONT
19x9.5 +40 (3' lip) - REAR
(will need fenders rolled + pulled)

What option do you recommend?

And before you say anything, pls note that performance is not a factor for me, coz it's my daily driver...rubbing however is. I dont mind rolling fenders, maybe pulling...but that's as far i'll go. NO fender flares!!! I plan to lower a bit to reduce tire/fender gap.

speak up folks!!

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Just my opinion but I say Option C if you don't mind doing the work to make them fit. I don't belive you'll need flares to do it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I would go with option 'C'; however, I would personally run 18s unless your car is running super low and you require 19s to bump it up a bit (daily driver). Option 'B' is not bad either if you're interested in 19s (which you probably are as 2/3 of your choices are 19s). Since she's your daily driver, you may want to consider 'B' as you'll be able to rotate tires and maximize threadwear on all four (4) tires.

Staggered or maximize threadwear??

Now it's up to you.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I also say B as the size all around lets you rotate to save from uneven wear and the staggered set up on C, the .75" lip difference is not enough and is not noticable really . . . If it was 19x8 F and 19x10 R with a 3" lip difference that good but allot of work and being a daily driver . . . Go with B and save your self some hassle. I have 19x8 all around on tein Stech (1.5" drop) I couldn't be happier with the stance but needed to shave the fenders. I have a friend with 18x8.5 18x9.5 and his HREs you cant really tell the difference and he said he would have done it differently just due to tire wear and other issues. Since a daily you also dont need the rear wider for better traction if its just to run around town but if your going to boost it then maybe the wider rears are worth it. What will you be doing to your car in the future? and if you are going to drop it and maybe shave fenders just do it all at once so you know hat needs to be done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also say B as the size all around lets you rotate to save from uneven wear and the staggered set up on C, the .75" lip difference is not enough and is not noticable really . . . If it was 19x8 F and 19x10 R with a 3" lip difference that good but allot of work and being a daily driver . . . Go with B and save your self some hassle. I have 19x8 all around on tein Stech (1.5" drop) I couldn't be happier with the stance but needed to shave the fenders. I have a friend with 18x8.5 18x9.5 and his HREs you cant really tell the difference and he said he would have done it differently just due to tire wear and other issues. Since a daily you also dont need the rear wider for better traction if its just to run around town but if your going to boost it then maybe the wider rears are worth it. What will you be doing to your car in the future? and if you are going to drop it and maybe shave fenders just do it all at once so you know hat needs to be done.
Thanks Everyone for your comments - as promised i've given a +ve feedback for a 'trade' to everyone :)...check your profile. Blue99Altezza and dirtyylicous the system wont let me give any more feedbacks so i'll cover you guys tomorrow.

My future plan is to drop the car as well to reduce wheel/fender gap, i'll likely drop anywhere from 1' to 1.5' - i think i'll remain on factory shocks and save some $. Would eibach pro cover significant wheel/fender gap or should i consider something more agressive? I dont want rubbing issues.

Also, If i were to go with 19x8.5 all around, what tire size would you recommend?

·
Registered
796 Posts
For springs on the not so low end are the eibach pro and tein S-tech which both drop around 1-1.5 but both are very different as the Eibach are more stiff and the tein and soft for a smoother ride so it depends on how you want the feel. The teins on mine are great as its almost like OEM feel and I dint change the shocks also for $$$ reasons. The tires can be 235/35/19 or 235/40/19 depending on how tall you want the tires. some have 40 so there is less risk of rim bending or damage with a smoother ride but many also ride 35 for the low pro look and a bit stiffer ride, its all up to you and how you want it too look and feel. I actually had a set of rims already damaged from getting the wrong size tires which lead to a bent rim but the tires were stretched and almost no sidewall so my new rims I went full size 35 with no stretching.

EDIT: With a drop though the 40 might be to much and have rubbing issues so stick with the 235/35/19
Happy hunting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts