Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Saturday night I was bored waiting to make a fashionably late appearance at a party, so I decided to dress my header up for Halloween...

It went as a mummy:

Just got them installed on the car today... alone with another fun toy of the 3" variety.

Will be datalogging a trip to or from work next week so we can compare how wrapping the header afects those AITs.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
It says in their ad that it gives you an HP increase. Notice any difference?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks nice. Godd job on the wrapping.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
ya deff good job on the wrap there das. Nice garage floor looks like ya could eat off it.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
he das sorry to be off topic, but do you know if there are any differences between the toyo gen 1 and hp racing headers, because the hp racing are ceramic as well. do they both come from the same manufacturer? i was just curious because i have the hp headers and they are just slightly raspy when i moderately throttle around 3k rpm mark.

thanks

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rllinghardis300 said:
Das, i gotta ask. did you do that nice wrap at 1 attempt? if so,nice job. it took me 3 attempts..

First try, no wasted wrap. ;)

Had one spot where I had to cheat... the runners were so close together I couldn't wrap it correctly... so I cut a smaller piece and put it diagonally then wrapped before and after the tight spot... can't tell the difference.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Split2nd said:
It says in their ad that it gives you an HP increase. Notice any difference?

Eh did that and a hi flow cat at the same time, so can't really tell.

Car is much quieter now (relatively speaking). I love it. Can make it loud in under 5 mins. Yay vband.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K3RRY said:
he das sorry to be off topic, but do you know if there are any differences between the toyo gen 1 and hp racing headers, because the hp racing are ceramic as well. do they both come from the same manufacturer? i was just curious because i have the hp headers and they are just slightly raspy when i moderately throttle around 3k rpm mark.

thanks
Gen1 toyo and old HP's should be the same.

Rasp probably isn't caused by the header... what other exhast mods do you have?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Looks good Das.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
dasgalloway said:
Gen1 toyo and old HP's should be the same.

Rasp probably isn't caused by the header... what other exhast mods do you have?
Lsportline exhaust and keeping the stock y and b pipes. hmmm...I swapped back to the stock exhaust and I still had the rasp.
maybe i need to retorque the header bolts? i havent retorqued them after the initial install

thanks for your help as usual :)

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
K3RRY said:
Lsportline exhaust and keeping the stock y and b pipes. hmmm...I swapped back to the stock exhaust and I still had the rasp.
maybe i need to retorque the header bolts? i havent retorqued them after the initial install

thanks for your help as usual :)
Rasp as in an exhaust leak maybe? You have a gasket?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
dasgalloway said:
Rasp as in an exhaust leak maybe? You have a gasket?
yeah i have a gasket for every connection. it doesnt sound like a exhaust leak, but i have checked for leaks myself anyways, and also took it to the shop to have it double checked, but we never found any leaks anywhere. i have always had the rasp with the headers, and i have switched between all different types of setups with these headers. i never thought it would be the headers, but i cant come to any other conclusion.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
dasgalloway said:
Eh did that and a hi flow cat at the same time, so can't really tell.

Car is much quieter now (relatively speaking). I love it. Can make it loud in under 5 mins. Yay vband.
Besides it being quieter and less stinky, did you notice any low end gain from the cat?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Sweet wrap Das, but i thought that heat wrapping it can cause the header to crack due to the heat being kept in.

I wrapped my intake pipe and thought it would make a difference.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
_DAG_ said:
Sweet wrap Das, but i thought that heat wrapping it can cause the header to crack due to the heat being kept in.

I wrapped my intake pipe and thought it would make a difference.

If the cracking thing is true, we'll soon find out. We're not driving race cars, so I don't expect this to happen any time soon.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
thats a nice wrapping job.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LexIS307 said:
jon, did u soak them in water then wrap it, then let it sit out in the sun, thats how lance does it....

Nope, just wrapped it dry, The heat made it shring onto the header... smoked like I was shot down the first 30 mins of driving.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts