Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Useless
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the poor picture, but it was taken with my phone. This is the 1 and only proto-type for the long awaited HiFonics Generation XX amplifiers. A lot of design has gone into creating the most sonic and powerful amplifiers available. This amp was loaned to us to try in an SPL event. Basically we were given the amp to beat the hell out of it and see if we could destroy it. We mounted this amp in a car with a Ohio Generator 200 amp HOT alternator, 2 Batteries, 2 Batcap 400's and 2 Batcap Supercap 100's. The subs that took the abuse were 3 Image Dynamics ID Max 12". The car before hand had 3 HiFonics BD1000D 1000 watt amplifiers. The car hit 150.3 with that set-up. With the 3000 watt Colossus. We actual ran the amp at 6000 watts which really is NOT recommended. The car then pulled a state record in MECA comp at 156.6DB.

Please note that those are 12" sub boxes mounted on the shelf above it. That should give you an idea of the sheer size of the thing.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
cool! I'm waiting for that new 5 channel amp that's so powerful, like 75x4, and 600x1 for the sub channel. That's all I need! :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.