Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my new Blue lense tinted Altezza headlights...The interior is painted IBP and they are sporting the new www.lavalighting.com Angel eyes....Just letting everyone see what they look like...these are not fiber-optic..And will be produced in a limited quantity...Please do not PM me on these as they are not released yet....And I am in no was a spokesman for the company...Just the test dummy...but I am 100% satisfied..and they are BRIGHT!.....
-Matt:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/is300matt/vwp?.dir=/Mail+Attachments&.dnm=bimmer_001.jpg&.view=t

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are you crazy? :wink: ^Check now....sorry bout that...
-Matt

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
UnVme said:
Are you crazy? :wink: ^Check now....sorry bout that...
-Matt
Yea, I deleted my post after I was able to access the link, they look good man.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks...
-Matt

·
Registered
231 Posts
yo that sh*t is nice, was gonna pick up a headlight from LCA575 w/gen V demon eyes, now i think ima wait to see if he can get these done instead.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Personally, this technology isn't all it's cracked up to be.

too bad you'll have the same issues with this that you would with broken glass.

IF you really want this solution, you can always go with Umnitza. At least we have the product and it's released and on the site. Not like the other guys;)

Here's a picture of our kit and yes, it's impossible to gauge how bright these are and it's NOT a one off. We are planning this for release in 1 month.

You want more information? Go here:
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124709

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113749

·
Registered
614 Posts
something I forgot to mention, these rings are designed for this headlight, not some rings that came from BMW that we're trying to make fit.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
huh? i am unclear of your intentions in this post;

umnitza said:
Personally, this technology isn't all it's cracked up to be.

too bad you'll have the same issues with this that you would with broken glass.

IF you really want this solution, you can always go with Umnitza. At least we have the product and it's released and on the site. Not like the other guys;)

Here's a picture of our kit and yes, it's impossible to gauge how bright these are and it's NOT a one off. We are planning this for release in 1 month.
1st you suggest the technology is not well suited for the application
then you offer your own product using that technology.

2nd you imply you have the product released (as in, stocked and ready to ship, unlike the "other guys") but you then state that you are planning to release in 1 month?

3rd you say your product is designed specifically for the is300, implying the "other guys'" product isn't, but wasn't your fiber optic kit for the is300 the same way in the beginning?

please clarify your post, as one *could* see it as a threadcrap or product bash (unless that is your intention?)

or are you trying to advertise your product? that, would be against forum rules.

maybe you intended your post to be an informative contribution on this new technology, it just came out wrong?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Valid points I guess, haste should never dictate responses I suppose.

Let's take your points and clarify them 1 by 1:

1) Technology isn't suited well for this. Still doesn't mean we can't have it in production. Everyone knows LEDs are crappy, but some customers still insist on buying them for the Daylight Demon Eyes. Choosing NOT to give away that market, we have an LED solution as well. But guess what? 9 out of 10 times, after we've explained the pitfalls of the technology, they come back and go with the better recommended solution. So, in this case, DDE Lightning™ is not as well put together as a DDE Gen V solution. But, doesn't mean it's not got its positives and doesn't mean we won't market it as well.

2) The product IS released for the BMW and shipping, it's also in final prototype stages for the IS300 as well, since we already have the mounting mechanism, all we need are the last bits of ********** to complete. Unlike the DDE Gen V, the hardest parts have already been done in anticipation of the release from last year's Gen IV then V release. We plan to have it ready within the month. So, yes, I suppose it's not perfectly clear what was meant. Sorry.

3) Yes, our product will be designed with the exact dimensions of the existing rings. Judging by that lone picture (and you can call me an expert if you want) I can tell that the rings are merely re-used from their supposed BMW application. You should note that the rings are the same size. Last I checked (and I have two IS300 headlights in inventory), the reflectors were different diameter ;) :wink: :p Which again, is why DDE Gen V took as long as it did, we created a ring specifically for this application, instead of merely reusing parts.

Finally, there has been a LOT of talk back and forth about products. There is a LONG, LONG, LONG list of back and forth threads between us and the above mentioned party. There is NO love lost, I'll spare everyone the idiotic details.

We can break down the negatives and positives if you like:

Simply:
Our solution is thinner - meaning less ugly when visible and off (subjective)
Our solution is thinner - meaning brighter (objective)
Our solution is thinner - meaning mounting is easier (objective)
Our solution has the mounting system already sorted out (objective) as some of you know this was not an easy task to make the mounting system work with these headlights. Anyone claiming they can do it quickly WITHOUT COPYING WHAT WE DID, is yanking your chain.

CCFL is an interesting technology.
In cold climates it has tough start up, like flourescent lights.
In cars, it doesn't like vibration (so you need a "soft" mounting system).
In the lamps you have mercury, not a lot of mercury, but some, and it's fragile, so breakage means environmentally hazardous materials. Not in great quantities, but breaking 4 of them is not advised.

It's harder to install. WHy? Because unlike the Gen V rings which can be bent in and out, these ring break when they are bent 2micrometers. And they SNAP beautifully.

More?

This isn't new technology. It's quite old. It's just a new implementation.

·
Registered
614 Posts
digitalimran said:
dude, umnitza...your pathetic
why are you flaming on some guy who is just trying out a product.

NO SOLICITING
Don't comment unless you know the history. Ignorance is not bliss. :oops:

·
Registered
614 Posts
digitalimran said:
thanks for the "wise" words, where were you educated?
school of hard knocks and competitive intelligence seminars....and you?

o, somewhere in our MBA program we were taught about the "art of war" - you should read it, might help:)

·
Registered
614 Posts
digitalimran said:
eheh....final post for the night...i im going towards the M...but the in 2005...have you seen them? they are beautiful...
yeah;) we here live in BMW lala land.

Wife's 740 needs to go soon, we don't see anything but the 4.8iS that just got released as a substitue (new X5).

But my M3/4, well, unless there's a new E90 M3/4, this one is staying.

Although, the Cadillac CTS-V is certainly of interest - hard to pass up M5 killing power with 3650 predicted weight;)

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
don't be a pussy

make ur text bigger!

David

1 - 20 of 37 Posts