Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Sweet, what bulb is that? The small clear one by the HIDs? What part number bulb is that? What does it look like with the HIDs on?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, the small clear one by the hid bulb. the part number is 19171 (PIAA 168 plasma blue wedge bulb). they look very cool (at least i think so). cost $25 canadian (about $15 USD)for the pair. with the hid on it's hard to tell they are there, but at the right angle, you can catch a purplish glow which looks great.

here's the link http://www.piaa.com/wedgebulbs.html

·
Registered
180 Posts
Those lights are pointless, unless you have the lights turned to their first setting, but then the daytime running lights are on. So it looks bad. I found that out the hard way, but at least I bought cheap brand ones that cost me a whopping $2.50 Cdn!!

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Here's Mine.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
The DRL are your high beams run at a low power.

So, you can get really really illegal blue bulbs to put in. However, with those illegal bulbs come poooooor quality. Many of those are known to burst inside the headlight.

Then, you are also compromising your high beam effectiveness.

Plus, it looks better with the DRL disabled.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Hey Sophie,
Those bulbs on your IS looks pretty cool. What brand and part number did you get? And, of course, how much did you get them for?

IS300_white

·
Registered
300 Posts
I havr PIAA plasma blue for my city lights but its not as blue as the second pic above.
Hey Sophiesleep, did u put neon lights in there w/ plasma blue city lights?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts