Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was soo excitied to pick up my front lip & side skirts, when I saw the paint I was like "WTF~~~?" :pissed: but the body shop guy is gonna do it again with free installation. :)

Obvious or not?! :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
uuummmmmmmm.......yeah thats a little obvious..... thats not even the same color. i know pearl white is hard to match, but thats not even pearl.

sorry about the headaches dood, good luck.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,951 Posts
yeah - quite obvious.... not even close
maybe the guy is color blind ...wait, that's usually for reds and greens
oh well, hopefully they'll do it right the next go around
good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,055 Posts
did you leave the car with them?? or leave something off the car that they can match the paint with?? or give them the paint code for DWP??

if you didnt do any of those 3 things, then thats what will happen everytime! unless they already have DWP paint in stock or something....

everytime my bodyshop ran out of my paint I had to give him my gas cap lid until I finally found the paint code.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
That's like the difference between a transvestite and a hermaphrodite.
WTF. I dunno it's just really bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
Yeah that's not matched well at all. I know that the Lexus dealer gives out 2 bottles of touch-up paint for the white cars. One is the base white and the second is the pearl overcoat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,991 Posts
- damn, thats bad...
- I dropped by the body shop, they matched the paint in 5 minutes, left my grill, they painted it, came back a few days later and it was pretty good....
- true, the grill is something small to match, but looks good to me...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
dut I love your car slammed like that! bad a$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
10secondIS said:
did you leave the car with them?? or leave something off the car that they can match the paint with?? or give them the paint code for DWP??

if you didnt do any of those 3 things, then thats what will happen everytime! unless they already have DWP paint in stock or something....

everytime my bodyshop ran out of my paint I had to give him my gas cap lid until I finally found the paint code.
yeah, I did gave him my DWP color code and I even gave him the CW color code!!! but do I really have left some parts of my original paint to them?!!? I thought all they need is the color code!? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,991 Posts
Kev IS300 said:
yeah, I did gave him my DWP color code and I even gave him the CW color code!!! but do I really have left some parts of my original paint to them?!!? I thought all they need is the color code!? :-?
- it doesn't really work like that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dut said:
Kev IS300 said:
yeah, I did gave him my DWP color code and I even gave him the CW color code!!! but do I really have left some parts of my original paint to them?!!? I thought all they need is the color code!? :-?
- it doesn't really work like that...
But the body shop should tell me what to do, and of course I'll provide everything I can!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
95 Posts
There's no way to match it without something to match it to, the body guy should have known that.

DWP is a tri-stage paint meaning it has a white base, then pearl, then clear. Depending on how much pearl is sprayed the color turns out differently.

Thankfully, crystal white is not tri-stage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw my re-painted kits today, and it's like 90% match to my DWP :) well, I'm not excepting it's gonna be 100% match to my DWP. I'll upload some pics once I get my car back. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,416 Posts
Dude that is TERRIBLE. I would ask for your money back or tell them it has to be a 100% match. That is simply rediculous. The first time I had my rear bumper painted, it was not a perfect match. I told them they needed to make it match or give me my money back. I didn't pay for an almost match. They repainted it and matched it perfectly. Just an FYI, some companies use cheaper paint than others and this can have an effect on how good the match will be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,389 Posts
Looks like it's from another car! People gonna think you're ricing the car up. Hope the shop will fix it for free or give you your money back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,708 Posts
that shop sux
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top