27,116 Posts
bballintom22 said:
He said he needs somebody to host it.

Use PHOTOBUCKET pal!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the car is awsome, it's not as sporty as the the current IS, but luxury wise its really nice. The interior is just as nice as the new GS. Dimension wise it doesn't feel to different from the current IS. The back seats give you a little more room but nothing ground breaking. Truck space seemed almost identical. Good news though, the dealerships will have this car as a loaner, so when you come in for service you shoudl be able to test them out. I dont know about all dealerships but Sewell of Fort Worth told me they will be phasing out the RX's from their loaner fleet due to high demand. They will off set this lose with IS250's and Es's.

Arthur

·
Registered
305 Posts
from the picture that 250 needs a massive drop. there must be at least a 5 finger gap all around or maybe its just the way the picture was shot. also, the standard 17" wheels is looking worse and worse the more i see it. do you know if it was a rwd or awd 250 because if that's the staggered 17" rwd model they need to look at merc c230 for ideas on what a staggered set should look like.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
TRDLiquidSilver said:
from the picture that 250 needs a massive drop. there must be at least a 5 finger gap all around or maybe its just the way the picture was shot. also, the standard 17" wheels is looking worse and worse the more i see it. do you know if it was a rwd or awd 250 because if that's the staggered 17" rwd model they need to look at merc c230 for ideas on what a staggered set should look like.
That looks like an AWD. The AWD models ride .75" HIGHER than the standard model. Sport model 350's ride .50" LOWER than the standard model.

AWD models get 225/45 on 17x8 all around. RWD 17s are 225/45 and 245/45 on 17x8. RWD 18s are 225/40 and 255/40 on 18x8 (45mm offset) and 18x8.5 (50mm).

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
honestly, i hate it. i just am not feeling it. did they raise it? i could live inside the fender wells. it looks like a a tc and an es had a baby

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
webmaster said:
That looks like an AWD. The AWD models ride .75" HIGHER than the standard model. Sport model 350's ride .50" LOWER than the standard model.

AWD models get 225/45 on 17x8 all around. RWD 17s are 225/45 and 245/45 on 17x8. RWD 18s are 225/40 and 255/40 on 18x8 (45mm offset) and 18x8.5 (50mm).

You paid attention at the press event!! ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Honestly, I couldn't see myself buying one of those. :confused:

It just doesn't appeal to me. I'm the type of person who could care less if the 1st gen was a Lexus, Toyota, or Scion... I like the looks, engine and interior...

I don't like any of the above on the new IS, it looks so different from the current IS.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i agree with you guys, i ain't feeling the new IS either.
People tell me to trade in my is300 for the new is350 i say hellss nooo, 1st gen IS body look so much better bone stock body or with body kit. i keep telling them the new Is350 power should be in our 1st gen IS's.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Flipside909 said:
You guys should drive it. Looking at pictures wont do a damn thing. ;)

Maybe you're right. I just with they had transferred some of the things that made the 1st gen unique to the new IS, like maybe an updated version of the chrono guages, sporty-looking interior, etc.

I think some cars were ruined by engineers... I like my 2ng gen Xterra better than the bloated version they came out with now, I like the previous 3-series bimmer better that the new one, and I like my IS better than the new one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts