Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
The 240 is underpowered and still will cost 35 or 36 with some options. Sigh.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Yea, kinda like the IS looks like a Corolla. Please.

Originally posted by Slick Willie:
Looks like a Ford Contour

·
Registered
77 Posts
$35K for base C240 and $40K for base C320? And for what... C320 sprints 7.8 sec and C240 9.2 sec.

For that price, I would rather get Audi A6/S4 or BMW 330i.

FYI, I am using Car and Driver as the source.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Millenium Silver Exterior
Black Leather/Escaine Interior
Moonroof, Bridgestone P215/45ZR17, wheel locks, trunk mat

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
You must be quoting 0-62 MPH figures with automatics. Couple that with Merc's ALWAYS conservative estimates and you are looking at significantly different figures. the C320 will easily be in the low sevens and the C24 with a stick will easily do 8 flat, probably better. Now, those figures are still low but that is obviously is not what a Mercedes is all about.

Originally posted by Filburt:
$35K for base C240 and $40K for base C320? And for what... C320 sprints 7.8 sec and C240 9.2 sec.

For that price, I would rather get Audi A6/S4 or BMW 330i.

FYI, I am using Car and Driver as the source.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
True, but that ain't the sport version.

Originally posted by ISisBEST:
HATE THOSE RIMS. IS BLOWS THEM AWAY.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not my style!!! it looks to goofy and bubbly. Like a A6 hit the michelin man! Now the CLK430 is the ride of choice. Would have gotten that but it was 12,000 out of my budget. So the IS300 is the way to go. It has a nice aggresive look to it. Ever stare head on at your IS with the lights on in the dark in your garages? .... What a sight! No MB or Bimmer will compare to that look!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rarjoon no offense but goofy and bubbly fit the IS more than the MB.

A Taurus huh give me a break.............

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
well the c32 amg will blow msot stuff on the street away.. its estimated 0-60 is FIVE POINT ONE. i'd like to buy that :p or the clk55 =)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
The last C class charged ~$1000 for the sports version. Totally worth it: better rubber, rims, and stiffer suspension. Why anyone wouldn't get it (sport option) befuddles me.

Originally posted by dude:
How much more do you pay for the sports version??? Is it worth that much money though??

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
21 Participants
Daniel
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing