Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's wat happened. Last night i spent a good 2-3 hrs cleaning my car. Today i woke up to go to my appt. for my tint to get installed. It was about 7am in sunny San Diego and the with the sun hitting my car it was a beautiful sight, so i stood there and admired my car a a min. or two. anyways as i walked over to the driver side of my car my jaw dropped to the floor in sight of what i had discovered......someone had EGGED THE HELL out of my car :jawDrop: . The whole driver side looked like someone had emptied at least a dozen eggs to the driver side. I was PISSED to say the least :pissed: . I mean that shit was litteraly caked on my car. Not only did it cover the exterior but somehow some of the egg managed to get in the interior onto my dash and on the inside of the windshield. They must have been chuckin those eggs pretty hard to do that. Anyways I immediately drove to the base to use their car wash bcuz they have those pressurized gun things so i figured it would be a lot easier to get off instead of doing it by hand. It was so embarrassing bcuz ppl were staring and laughing at my car :( . Anyways i managed to get it all off and i'm probably gonna take it in for a detail today as well. I swear shit like this pisses me off. If i find out who did this its gonna be hell!! :mgun:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
RanFerr_is300 said:
So here's wat happened. Last night i spent a good 2-3 hrs cleaning my car. Today i woke up to go to my appt. for my tint to get installed. It was about 7am in sunny San Diego and the with the sun hitting my car it was a beautiful sight, so i stood there and admired my car a a min. or two. anyways as i walked over to the driver side of my car my jaw dropped to the floor in sight of what i had discovered......someone had EGGED THE HELL out of my car :jawDrop: . The whole driver side looked like someone had emptied at least a dozen eggs to the driver side. I was PISSED to say the least :pissed: . I mean that shit was litteraly caked on my car. Not only did it cover the exterior but somehow some of the egg managed to get in the interior onto my dash and on the inside of the windshield. They must have been chuckin those eggs pretty hard to do that. Anyways I immediately drove to the base to use their car wash bcuz they have those pressurized gun things so i figured it would be a lot easier to get off instead of doing it by hand. It was so embarrassing bcuz ppl were staring and laughing at my car :( . Anyways i managed to get it all off and i'm probably gonna take it in for a detail today as well. I swear shit like this pisses me off. If i find out who did this its gonna be hell!! :mgun:
Sorry to hear that man. I had that happen to me about 2 months ago, except it was only 2 eggs. But man oh man, was it a big pain in the ass to clean that off. The sun baked that shit on my car. Egg white was like an extra clear coat on my car :lol:
But I sprayed shit load of INstant Detailer and soap to wash it off.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Good thing you washed and waxed it. Probably made it considerably easier to get off.

Meh, at least they didn't key it up.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I hate when people mess with someone elses car, my car got keyed in March. If I ever find out who did it, I'm gonna get my dremel and drill a million holes into there car.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Damn dude. That really sucks. Before I knew what egg did on the paint, my first car (which was BLACK) was egged and I left it on the entire day b/c I was late for school....well, when the day was over and I washed it off it had eaten away my paint! Had to get the whole side repainted (so it'd match properly).

Hopefully you find out who did that, because I found out who did my car and when I "get people back" it is not nearly as friendly. Never had anything happen after that :)

g/luck

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Could be worse. I've had my car paintballed in pink before so.....

-Yamaha Dave

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bRibRi said:
were any of your windows opened? How did some of the eggs manage to get inton your interior?
that's what i don't understand either?? My windows were not open or even cracked a little. It wasn't a lot that got inside it was just a little of the egg white.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here and sorry to hear about this but I was curious if this happens very often to everyone? I mean everyone knows about pot holes and it is just the luck of the draw if you hit one, but how commom is this? Is this more common to Lexus then say a G35/BMW owner? Is it sports cars vs. everything else? A price threshold that causes this? City?

Maybe too many factors to really know but I'd like to hear your thoughts regarding this please.

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
clandestine said:
I'm new here and sorry to hear about this but I was curious if this happens very often to everyone? I mean everyone knows about pot holes and it is just the luck of the draw if you hit one, but how commom is this? Is this more common to Lexus then say a G35/BMW owner? Is it sports cars vs. everything else? A price threshold that causes this? City?

Maybe too many factors to really know but I'd like to hear your thoughts regarding this please.

Thanks
In my opinion the neighborhood does play a large role. Every city has it's "part" of the neighborhood where you know your asking for trouble. Just like me i don't live in the best part of San Deigo, and to be honest i'm the only person on the block that owns something as luxurious and sporty as a Lexus IS300, so my time was eventually gonna come. Think about it, if you were gonna egg any car on the the street wouldn't you wanna egg the Lexus vs. all the hondas and acuras. What would be more gratifying, egging the owner of the Honda or Lexus? Cuz you know the Lexus owner will be VERY upset knowing the type of car Lexus is.

·
Registered
416 Posts
WTF is wrong with people who do this? I can't help but to think of that whole conversation in Pulp Fiction where they touch on messing with another mans automobile

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Sorry about what happen. Hell, I'm mad for you!!!! People dont have anything better to do....mother f*ckers need jobs. Because if you had a job or school to go to in the morning you wouldnt be up late egging peoples cars :pissed:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Sorry to hear that.....its just these low life f*ckers having nothing better to do but to screw around....at least it isnt costing you too much to clean up and it was nothing to severe....I had my JDM antenna stolen from my car about 2 months ago, person who stole it yanked it off my base breaking the base which is going to cost me well over $200 to fix :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
tpc_01 said:
I hate when people mess with someone elses car, my car got keyed in March. If I ever find out who did it, I'm gonna get my dremel and drill a million holes into there car.
true. that's fukced up. that shiit's not cool.

don't mess with someones ride...

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
your lucky..i was reading a post a while back about someone gettin his IS egged...the eggs left scratches from the shells....not a pretty sight

1 - 17 of 17 Posts