Lexus IS Forum banner

Pi$$ed off

925 views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  ijmis300 
#1 ·
Just took my IS in to Stevens Creek Lexus for the check up and wash...I get it back with more swirl marks than my toilet has after I munch a Taco Platter and pitcher of Margaritas....two scracthes on the bumper...God damn it! I specifically wash and wax it with good stuff to avoid that crap. I put a call in and I waiting...for a return call....I am pi$$ed.

#6 ·
i'd be pissed. i need to take mine in for that 1000 mile thing soon too. hmm...maybe i should wait there and watch them do it... heh...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

#10 ·
I have complained twice about my dealer's car washing. From what it seems, they can care less.

Agent smith is right, I think they use sand paper to dry off the car.

FF may not prevent the abuse, but FF may remedy the abuse.

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

#17 ·
F Silver.....SBM is $hit hot....I just got off the phone...they are dik heads...no time to fix the problem before Thanksgiving...I told them that I would try to get this stuff out but that they would be responsible for the bumper in the back. I am not going to work on that area...

#18 ·
Personally I don't trust anyone washing my car but me. Too many bad stories regardless of "brushless, touchless, or whateverless" Bottom line is that when the clown who dries the car uses a towel that was used for ANYTHING else, you're bound to get scratches. My motto... Do It Yourself !!!

Mark

#21 ·
I am quite surprised on how easy the paint scratches and swirls on the IS. Does anyone else think so ??? By the way I have Black so that has alot to do with it. I used to have a Black Honda and don't remember the paint being so sensitive. I'm so careful when washing my car and still manage to get fine swirls. I took it for a hand car wash today because it's like 30 degrees out, and there are defintely alot more swirls than the last time I washed it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.