Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody here could photochop a matador red 350 rims and make them have a chrome finish? I just read a thread where a guy posted his matador red 350 with chrome rims, but I couldn't get a good look at the wheels. Also wanted some opinions about chrome rims with the matador red, particularly making the stock ones chrome. I feel the darker the car, the better the chrome rims look. The matador red falls in the middle of the light vs dark scheme to me. Im debating on getting the stock rims in chrome. The stock finish doesn't look to bad to me. I was thinking if I didn't get the chrome rims, I would get the navigation instead.

PS did see the thread with the new IS350 photo chopped, but didn't notice any stock chrome.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Check this out...

·
Registered
323 Posts
those things are ugly in my opinion... im not a fan of those type of rims

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I agree; those are so ugly! I think certain chrome rims belong on
SUVs - the only chromes that tend to look good are iForged and
HREs ($$$$$$$) ;)

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
boman said:
I agree; those are so ugly! I think certain chrome rims belong on
SUVs - the only chromes that tend to look good are iForged and
HREs ($$$$$$$) ;)

those arent chrome, they are high polished... thats why they look good.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crester said:
Check this out...

That's the car I was talking about. I can't really make out the rims to well. So you guys don't care for chrome rims to much at all. Are you guys fine with the stock 350 wheels?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
ugly rims

·
Registered
409 Posts
If you have the means, definitely import the optional 18" rims for the new IS from Lexus Japan. I have no idea what Lexus USA is thinking not importing it but IMO this is the sexiest wheel design coming out of Lexus ever. Get them if you can!!:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
okay, decided to do the photoshop myself :p i only asked because i KNOW someone here is better at photoshop than me haha. anyway, a quick and dirty chop. added some ugly tint, them GS430 wheels, and lowered it by about an inch's worth in SGM: my ideal car once i get the tanabe nf210s, wheels, and tint. i think it looks sorta hawt. (+rep puhleese? :p )

·
Registered
276 Posts
knihc2008 said:
okay, decided to do the photoshop myself :p i only asked because i KNOW someone here is better at photoshop than me haha. anyway, a quick and dirty chop. added some ugly tint, them GS430 wheels, and lowered it by about an inch's worth in SGM: my ideal car once i get the tanabe nf210s, wheels, and tint. i think it looks sorta hawt. (+rep puhleese? :p )

Damn, thats looks pretty good! Me likes, I guess I'll give u some rep ;)

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
the rims on the matador red IS are Zenneti Mystiques if my memory serves me right

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
knihc2008 said:

Thats a nice chop, dunno thought the windows were open and not tinted.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah. i sorta suck at tinting the windows. i think it was just a terrible picture quality and i just went overboard with the shading. see if this is any better (tinted, GS wheels, smoked tails. i think i'm in love):

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
knihc2008 said:
yeah. i sorta suck at tinting the windows. i think it was just a terrible picture quality and i just went overboard with the shading. see if this is any better (tinted, GS wheels, smoked tails. i think i'm in love):

Shit me both!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
XeroK00L said:
If you have the means, definitely import the optional 18" rims for the new IS from Lexus Japan. I have no idea what Lexus USA is thinking not importing it but IMO this is the sexiest wheel design coming out of Lexus ever. Get them if you can!!:)

Those are real nice. Would they fit on a 1st gen IS?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts