Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my retrofits are coming to an end. I'm almost done, and i bought a couple of spare tail lamps to use as mach-up. Now that i'm almost done, i can get rid of them. These were basically my testing set of tail lamps that i used to figure out what color i wanted and the size of the boards i needed to make.

The tails are painted anodized smoke, leaving the chrome trim and reflectors unpainted. The red defuser was treated with the phillztails treatment.

This sale is meant for the tail lamp inserts, however i will include the housing as well. Since these were my mach-up tails, i never sealed them up. I prefer not to seal these lamps since the pass side lamp has a crack on the bottom (not very visable when installed). For that reason i recommend opening a good lamp and swapping the housings. I would like to note that the masking tape used to mask the chrome lip pulled a bit of the chrome off the bottom of the chrome trim. Since this is on the bottom of the chrome trim, it is not noticable unless you were to view the tails from the ground up.

I'm asking for $80 for this set. Local pickup is welcomed. I will ship under buyer's expense.

Here are some pictures.
Both Lamps

Driver Side

Pass Side (circled area indicates crack)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts