Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many older members know the IS300 build that was done, Philly is a family man now and does not have the time and money to throw into cars anymore like he did when he was living the single life.

So now im still using his login like before. (Philly is my counsin)

This is a slow progress but im saving things up and looking for deals as i move on.

1994 Hardtop Manual NA

When i first got the car.

First thing i did was install coilovers, wheels and

Fortune Auto 500 series Coilovers (I love these i went to Richmond Virginia and they built these and installed them for me)

Skipped alot of photos when i was doing the turn signal and headlight install but this is with the 97/98 headlights and turn signals.

Also installed a blitz Nur Spec Exhaust

I had some issues with the idle and something didnt sound right, so i tore it apart to find that the intake cam was broken and the oil pump was bad as well.

Got the head resurfance and block was cleaned up.

All new gaskets were installed, GTE Head gasket was installed with ARP headstuds. I had ideas of just boosting this GE motor but changed my mind later.

Got a set of GTE brakes front and rear for 250$ from a friend and decided to strip them down and rebuild them completely with new pistons and all.

Stripped the brakes and soda blasted them for a smoother finish. Prepped and ready for preheat.

Stop Tech Rotors and Pads with SS Brakelines.

They were sprayed matte Grey with clear coat finish.

Before and after

Ill have more soon with the new motor and drivetrain.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nice stuff! :approve:

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
About time we have a Pupra build here , phils IS move in the last year haha

Brakes turned out great

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha thanks guys I'm working on it slowly but stacking parts.

As for phillys is300 idk if he's driven it lately. It broke a tab on the alternator to block. He swapped it out for another oem motor and since the baby hasn't done much of anything car related other than the ganador mirrors

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Yah i stopped by the shop there last summer to see chaco .....it was dusty :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah i stopped by the shop there last summer to see chaco .....it was dusty :)
Yeah it was sitting for awhile, my evolution was sitting for 3 years haha

Picked up a motor and trans that came out of a 2001 supra today

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice MKIV I love Hard toppers , I will sale one of my supras soon and find a clean HT to work with , have fun !!!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The hardtop I see being worth more years from now. I had a Targa before and didn't care for it much

·
Registered
107 Posts
The hardtop I see being worth more years from now. I had a Targa before and didn't care for it much
Understand I have two and love them both a supra will be worth how bad the buyer wants it , believe or not I know alot of people that don't like hardtops SMH well I do hahaha until I decide to sale one of my rides I won't look for one , have to many cars as is ...Good luck with your white Beast ..

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Looking real good, hoping to see a badass supra after this is done :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks ISDreams.

I was going to get it repainted white but decided against it and wanted to do something a little different. I am not worried about all matching VIN's or keeping the paint the same color for resale later on. I feel keeping it clean and making it my own is whats important.

The motor is still being build on the side and will go in later once i have everything moving on the motor ill take pictures of that rather that one picture at a time.

Also since i am in the military and a contractor i am always gone and never home so updates come slow.

Dropping the car off prior to me leaving.

Found that the previous owner had done some cheap body repair on the rear quarter where the light was so the guys took care of that.

Im not going the full route of stripping the car to frame and repainting everything. Maybe one day later down the road but for now this is good enough.

I now decided that i want to get rid of the rear wiper, antenna.

The updates were not as much as i would prefer because like i said i was not around.

The sideskirts: "Shine Auto D skirts with carbon"

Bride Zeta 3 Bucket with Buddy Club seat rail. I have had this seat sitting in a box for almost a year so i figured i would get a rail for the supra and test it out.

I am sorry for the poor quality of some of these photos, these are from camera phone and ill have some better ones later.

The color is 1G0 from the Toyota/Lexus color chart. Seen on the New ISF's and IS250 etc.. I wanted to keep it in the toyota family.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
These are all the upates for now, i wanted to have more than just one piece at a time for updates so i waited for awhile.

This is my first supra build really, as the last one i just did minor mods, hopefully when all said and done ill be happy with the car. I am not going for 800+ numbers, yet a 450-500 reliable and fun car for the weekends.

Also i have the 98 taillights installed and i know there is a thread for the rewire of resistors ill have to do this to get rid of the bulb out light.

Here are some more pictures once again quality is not the best in the photos.

Not everyones cup of tea but i love them. The JDM OEM window guards.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts