Here it is from suvlights.com
The one on the left is stock the one on the right is 6000K

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
alredxiii said:
Here it is from suvlights.com
The one on the left is stock the one on the right is 6000K
that does it pretty good justice but it looks better in person, and the D2s are brighter! :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Looks very nice. A noticeable difference
I read that there has to be a slight mod for the D2S.
How hard would it be. Should you goto a garage or can you do it yourself
Does anybody have a pic of the D2S on an IS300??

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I dont think you need to go to the garage to do it, it's just an extra tab or something that you need to clip off or file down

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
You just need to add a notch to the base of the bulb. If you have a dremel that would be an ideal tool for doing the mod.

The D2S bulbs are brighter but they do glare a bit

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
how much are those D2s bulbs for the headlights... & what exactly is the mod needed to run them...?? pray tell Wilz......??

i got a quote of 200bux for bulbs that were plug & play to match my 6000k HID fogs....

my headlights now look kinda pinkish Vs the nice blue white they were compared to the new HID fogs.....

like this.............. look at the light on the wall to the left to see the color difference.... kinda pisses me off ... NOW i gotta get new bulbs to make them match.... :roll: it's always something.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i know i dont drive a is300 but i got the headlamps on my civic. i got a kit put together by the guys at HIDs4less.com they are hella ballast and philips stage 1 d2s bulbs here is apic. i want to upgrade to a stage 2 bulb myself to get more of a blue hue. please dont flame

·
Registered
25,542 Posts
source1tx said:
i know i dont drive a is300 but i got the headlamps on my civic. i got a kit put together by the guys at HIDs4less.com they are hella ballast and philips stage 1 d2s bulbs here is apic. i want to upgrade to a stage 2 bulb myself to get more of a blue hue. please dont flame
nice lights! 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts