Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? The 8000K are $20 cheaper. I just want some beeming lights 8) with a noticable spectrum like the S2Ks. Any body have the Vestec 8000K? These are both on SUVlights.com
-Justin

·
Registered
273 Posts
It looks like the 8000K only come it D2S our cars use D2R. Go down to the bottom of the HID Xenon Bulbs page their is a link that shows you the difference from stock to a 6000K DSR bulb.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
i can give you an email on where to get the philips for $250 shipped...I got mine from them and a bunch of Club Lexus people get theres from him too....

Actually here it is [email protected] . Click on my sig for some pics of the lights. i think 8000k might be too blue...I sometime sthink my 6000k are tooo blue

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UCLA, did you get d2s or d2r? The d2s will work but they are just brighter because they dont have the black ring on the bottom of the ballast right?

·
Registered
628 Posts
UCLA, I noticed that your day time light or low beam is a clear white during at night..Is this the drl light that you guys talkibg about..If not then what bulb are you using on your day time light or low beam because i want a bulb that look like clear white not like the factory bulb..

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
any aftermarket bulb that is tinted blue will give you this white effect on your drl's after doing the DRL mod. Search for it on the main inside out page.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yea i have the same question..... now.. i've seen people around with aftermarket HID bulbs and the beam is just too BLUE!!! it doesnt look right, anyone know what i mean??? now do the 6000k do the same effect? or is it more of a white/purple look.... and whats the diff from 6000k and 8000k... i definitly dont want that BLUE look, i want it more on the mercedes' purplish beam side.....

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
i think 6000k is perfect!!!! and so do any othe people that have converted...look at my sig....i have a picture that compares the light output on the ground of the 6000k and the stock 4200k

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Anyone have any pics of a 6000k vs a 8000k? Also, do you need to remove the bumper to install the bulbs?

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
the answer to ur second question is NO, u do not have to remove the bumper in order to install the bulbs

rlee said:
Anyone have any pics of a 6000k vs a 8000k? Also, do you need to remove the bumper to install the bulbs?

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
8000k is a lot purpler (read: more purple) than the 6000k. 6000k is really pretty blue. Looks really sweet on UCLA-IS300's car... Now why isn't there a 5400k upgrade? hmph

·
Registered
455 Posts
If the 6000K are more blue, does it make our light beem look ricey or does it still look like HIDs? Do we lose or gain visiblity?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
XxPloSiV said:
If the 6000K are more blue, does it make our light beem look ricey or does it still look like HIDs? Do we lose or gain visiblity?
i doubt it looks ricey. i heard you lose visibility since they appear more white than yellow. yellow = more visibility. 8000k definately loses visiblity, 6000k is arguable. hoping to soon upgrade to 6000k :D

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I am going to go ahead and get the ones from the guy UCLA mentioned. Thanks, for the info!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
rlee said:
XxPloSiV said:
i doubt it looks ricey. i heard you lose visibility since they appear more white than yellow. yellow = more visibility. 8000k definately loses visiblity, 6000k is arguable. hoping to soon upgrade to 6000k :D
um no. white = more visibility. approx 5000-5400k is pure white. our stock hid are ~4300k...so judge for yourself.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
irv_usc said:
rlee said:
XxPloSiV said:
um no. white = more visibility. approx 5000-5400k is pure white. our stock hid are ~4300k...so judge for yourself.
Well from what I heard from people who own the product, they said the stocks give the best visibility. Im assuming if you approach 8000k, it gets more whitish blue/purple. If you shine white/blue light in a dark area, I'm sure you'll have trouble seeing versus shining yellow light in the dark area. But I wouldn't know since I dont own the product, just what i heard.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
14 Participants
irv_usc
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing