Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,397 Posts
I got the opportunity to listen to one in person this weekend (GOLD_IS300's). The tone is very low. Almost a grumble off idle. Similar to a slow boil...not a fast simmer. Inside the car the sounds was very reasonable. I did not get a chance to road test it...for a drone.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,491 Posts
just bend the hanger to the left and it should be fine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Thanks for posting Jeff! and thanks for hosting Matt!!

Anyway, the exhaust was offcenter when I installed it, but since I've driven it around, it has fallen back into place. I guess the hangers weren't slid on correctly or something.

Anyway, I love the sound so far. I will be driving on the freeway tomorrow and see how the drone is compared to the HKS drager.


Thanks again guys.

Kane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Kanine21 said:
Thanks for posting Jeff! and thanks for hosting Matt!!

Anyway, the exhaust was offcenter when I installed it, but since I've driven it around, it has fallen back into place. I guess the hangers weren't slid on correctly or something.

Anyway, I love the sound so far. I will be driving on the freeway tomorrow and see how the drone is compared to the HKS drager.


Thanks again guys.

Kane
I bet ya if you "break-in" the exhaust a lil' the droning might die down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,148 Posts
glogik said:
lil' IS 300 said:
There is little drone. Sounds so good though, I love mine!

If only the goddamn hangers fit though :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
The stock hangers don't fit?
Nope...the hangers fit up with the hangers on the axleback...but they are IMPOSSIBLE to fit on the catback hangers...which is stupid. You shouldn't have to bend hangers to get it to fit, it should come that way.

Anyway, I talked to Peter and he said the reason is probably because I have the SRT pipes in front of it...which I find hard to believe considering i'm not the only one who had this fitment problem (on n/a as well).

Also, my axle back pipe wasn't cut correctly to fit the catback so I could slid them together. That was a problem which had nothing to do with my kit, just the exhaust itself. So I had to "tap" the hell out of the pipe just so that I could slid the two pieces together (it was fun, right De?).

The quality of the exhaust is good and sounds badass. But for fitment...IMO it sucked hard. Right now I only have the axleback hangers on because it's physically impossible to fit the catback hangers on without making the tip slanted like a mofo...SRT Turbo owners beware...you WILL have to bend the hangers to fit it correctly, bend them a lot.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Your right Alex, the hanger don't line up right.

My Dad saw how the exhaust was slanted a little bit on Friday and he had to bend the hanger in the center a little bit to make it line up better.

I guess their jig isn't quite right yet.

Anyway, mine has some how centered itself after driving. It was kinda dark out also, so I'll check tomorrow and see what up.

Now I'm going to have to do a fly by so you guys can hear it at full boost. :D

Kane

lil' IS 300 said:
glogik said:
lil' IS 300 said:
There is little drone. Sounds so good though, I love mine!

If only the goddamn hangers fit though :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
The stock hangers don't fit?
Nope...the hangers fit up with the hangers on the axleback...but they are IMPOSSIBLE to fit on the catback hangers...which is stupid. You shouldn't have to bend hangers to get it to fit, it should come that way.

Anyway, I talked to Peter and he said the reason is probably because I have the SRT pipes in front of it...which I find hard to believe considering i'm not the only one who had this fitment problem (on n/a as well).

Also, my axle back pipe wasn't cut correctly to fit the catback so I could slid them together. That was a problem which had nothing to do with my kit, just the exhaust itself. So I had to "tap" the hell out of the pipe just so that I could slid the two pieces together (it was fun, right De?).

The quality of the exhaust is good and sounds badass. But for fitment...IMO it sucked hard. Right now I only have the axleback hangers on because it's physically impossible to fit the catback hangers on without making the tip slanted like a mofo...SRT Turbo owners beware...you WILL have to bend the hangers to fit it correctly, bend them a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,148 Posts
Kanine21 said:
Your right Alex, the hanger don't line up right.

My Dad saw how the exhaust was slanted a little bit on Friday and he had to bend the hanger in the center a little bit to make it line up better.

I guess their jig isn't quite right yet.

Anyway, mine has some how centered itself after driving. It was kinda dark out also, so I'll check tomorrow and see what up.

Now I'm going to have to do a fly by so you guys can hear it at full boost. :D

Kane

lil' IS 300 said:
glogik said:
lil' IS 300 said:
There is little drone. Sounds so good though, I love mine!

If only the goddamn hangers fit though :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
The stock hangers don't fit?
Nope...the hangers fit up with the hangers on the axleback...but they are IMPOSSIBLE to fit on the catback hangers...which is stupid. You shouldn't have to bend hangers to get it to fit, it should come that way.

Anyway, I talked to Peter and he said the reason is probably because I have the SRT pipes in front of it...which I find hard to believe considering i'm not the only one who had this fitment problem (on n/a as well).

Also, my axle back pipe wasn't cut correctly to fit the catback so I could slid them together. That was a problem which had nothing to do with my kit, just the exhaust itself. So I had to "tap" the hell out of the pipe just so that I could slid the two pieces together (it was fun, right De?).

The quality of the exhaust is good and sounds badass. But for fitment...IMO it sucked hard. Right now I only have the axleback hangers on because it's physically impossible to fit the catback hangers on without making the tip slanted like a mofo...SRT Turbo owners beware...you WILL have to bend the hangers to fit it correctly, bend them a lot.
I'm not trying to start anything, but that's pretty focked up :pissed:

Peter kept telling me "we tested it on n/a cars and turbos etc...they all fit perfectly"...yet I know of two people with n/a which can't fit the hangers, myself with the srt kit who can't fit the hangers and most surprisngly you, with an actual PFS kit.

Ugh...guess i'll have to take off the exhaust and bend the shit out of it now... :roll:

I will try to get some videos of it myself tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it sounds different with my set up. But one thing I can agree with is that there is more power, turbo spools a bit quicker and sounds ridiculously good!

So overall, I think the exhaust is worth it despite not fitting 100%.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Yeah, not sure why it doesn't seem to fit perfect on anybodys car yet, but it fits fine one their cars. Kinda wierd.

Everything lines up as far as routing and lengths go, but the hangers are definetly not right in the middle.

Oh well, I'm extremely happy with it, sound and power are nice!!!


Kane

lil' IS 300 said:
Kanine21 said:
Your right Alex, the hanger don't line up right.

My Dad saw how the exhaust was slanted a little bit on Friday and he had to bend the hanger in the center a little bit to make it line up better.

I guess their jig isn't quite right yet.

Anyway, mine has some how centered itself after driving. It was kinda dark out also, so I'll check tomorrow and see what up.

Now I'm going to have to do a fly by so you guys can hear it at full boost. :D

Kane

lil' IS 300 said:
glogik said:
lil' IS 300 said:
There is little drone. Sounds so good though, I love mine!

If only the goddamn hangers fit though :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
The stock hangers don't fit?
Nope...the hangers fit up with the hangers on the axleback...but they are IMPOSSIBLE to fit on the catback hangers...which is stupid. You shouldn't have to bend hangers to get it to fit, it should come that way.

Anyway, I talked to Peter and he said the reason is probably because I have the SRT pipes in front of it...which I find hard to believe considering i'm not the only one who had this fitment problem (on n/a as well).

Also, my axle back pipe wasn't cut correctly to fit the catback so I could slid them together. That was a problem which had nothing to do with my kit, just the exhaust itself. So I had to "tap" the hell out of the pipe just so that I could slid the two pieces together (it was fun, right De?).

The quality of the exhaust is good and sounds badass. But for fitment...IMO it sucked hard. Right now I only have the axleback hangers on because it's physically impossible to fit the catback hangers on without making the tip slanted like a mofo...SRT Turbo owners beware...you WILL have to bend the hangers to fit it correctly, bend them a lot.
I'm not trying to start anything, but that's pretty focked up :pissed:

Peter kept telling me "we tested it on n/a cars and turbos etc...they all fit perfectly"...yet I know of two people with n/a which can't fit the hangers, myself with the srt kit who can't fit the hangers and most surprisngly you, with an actual PFS kit.

Ugh...guess i'll have to take off the exhaust and bend the sh*t out of it now... :roll:

I will try to get some videos of it myself tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it sounds different with my set up. But one thing I can agree with is that there is more power, turbo spools a bit quicker and sounds ridiculously good!

So overall, I think the exhaust is worth it despite not fitting 100%.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top