Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ray drove my car sunday and on his first run ran a 11.1 at 128mph with a 1.9 60ft. When he returned I asked him at what boost level and he says 22psi! I said bs man. So I looked at the sbc id and surely enough its last peak boost which it always shows was at 22psi, :eek: Second run he bogged of the line and just cruised through the track slowly (14.8 :lol: )because he knew he wasnt going to make a good time. We left shortly after because it was so damm cold!!!! Well anyway at 75 80 on friday we are going to get into the 10's at 25psi, its going to happen! And if all goes well I will be making it up to englishtown sunday. The 2 step was hooked up to my e shift button :p

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
SWEEET

Very nice bro, what kind of tires were you using..

Also what did you have the 2-step RPM's set too?

Very nice man, 10's are just around the corner...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Re: PFS stage 3 runs 11.1 at 22 psi at MRI

ltuned&boosted said:
Well Ray drove my car sunday and on his first run ran a 11.1 at 128mph with a 1.9 60ft. When he returned I asked him at what boost level and he says 22psi! I said bs man. So I looked at the sbc id and surely enough its last peak boost which it always shows was at 22psi, :eek: Second run he bogged of the line and just cruised through the track slowly (14.8 :lol: )because he knew he wasnt going to make a good time. We left shortly after because it was so damm cold!!!! Well anyway at 75 80 on friday we are going to get into the 10's at 25psi, its going to happen! And if all goes well I will be making it up to englishtown sunday. The 2 step was hooked up to my e shift button :p
Damn, sounds nice man!!
Oh, care to explain what a "2 step" is? :oops:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts

bk9 said:
ltuned&boosted said:
Damn, sounds nice man!!
A 2-step is a button that you push and it holds your rev's at a set RPM.. So when you at the line, the car has already built up boost instead of having to build up boost which is a time killer. Basically when he is at the staging light he hits the button, mashes the peddle into the floor and the rev's are bouncing off the pre-set rev's and when you release your off w/ a quickness.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

Freelance said:
bk9 said:
ltuned&boosted said:
Damn, sounds nice man!!
A 2-step is a button that you push and it holds your rev's at a set RPM.. So when you at the line, the car has already built up boost instead of having to build up boost which is a time killer. Basically when he is at the staging light he hits the button, mashes the peddle into the floor and the rev's are bouncing off the pre-set rev's and when you release your off w/ a quickness.
wow, that's cool. :p
(Obviously I've never been much into the drag scene, lol)

p.s. Thanks for the good explanation, I totally get it. 8)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TexIS300 said:
thats a sweet time, but how come someone else is always driving your car? what time have you gotten in it?
I have gotten into the twelves. I will be driving it this sunday, I just want a very experienced driver to prove what the car is capable of and then work towards those times myself.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
If its a manual, why not just use your foot a rev up and then launch that way?? I guess I don't understand this 2stage thing.

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
congrats at the great time at only 22psi!!!! :eek:

thats pretty damn impressive bro.....

good luck again friday, hope to see you sunday at englishtown!!

:chill:

·
Registered
18,849 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
You shoyuld be happy about the cold weather...I sure as hell am! The car pulled the hardest it's ever pulled this morning when it was 31 degrees out, I was like holy sh*t! :lol:
yeah man, but TRACTION isnt all that great when the ground is cold.....

hope to see what u can do at the track by next weekend too, hopefully you'll be there.... :wink:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Freelance said:
SWEEET

Very nice bro, what kind of tires were you using..

Also what did you have the 2-step RPM's set too?
PM me if u want....

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.