Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my snow tires...yeah baby. What a difference. I feel like I have a jeep now. I picked up the Bridgestone Blizzaks LM-22's for $628.00 w/everything included. I mounted them on my stock 17inch aluminum rims. The size was 205/50R17. The stock summer tires were 215/45R17. When I mean they made a difference, they made a huge difference. No sliding, fishtailing...no embarassing Honda Accords going by me up the hill...no going down one way streets to park in the garage because my car wouldn't go up the hill. I even had to move my car today because this guy in a 4runner couldnt get out...lol. Whose embarrased now. Three words my friends, "get snow tires!!!!!"

P.S. The ride is better also. Might be due to extra meat on the tires. They still look like low profiles.

------------------

[This message has been edited by triz (edited January 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
511 Posts
How much did they charge you to mount and all that good stuff when you got em? How long did you have to wait? They told me 2days to ship to NYC? were they accurate?
I got em for $140 a piece

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was mounting, valves, balancing. Everything. Speak to Joey or Johnny. Tell him Angel with the Black IS300 sent you. I ordered yesterday and got them the next day by 12:00pm.

[This message has been edited by triz (edited January 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
"Get the snow tires".

Ummmm... that's four words. Not three.

Just kidding... glad to hear your IS is doing fine with the snow tires. See??? I told you the car works in the snow... ya just needed the right rubber!

Take care...

Scott.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for your info.

How is the road noise with these snow tires?
and where did you guys ordered from?

Dose 215/45R17 perfectly fit the stock rims?

thanks again!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just got 16" Blizzak LM22's also. Incredible traction difference. The IS feels like a little snow plow now. My IS has better traction and snow handling than my minivan with allseasons tires. The tire noise is a little greater however, but the payoff is worth it. Also I got Mille Miglia Evo 16" rims for $150 each. The LM22's cost me $115 each.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Who mounted the tires for you? The dealer? Did you save your old tires to put them back on in the summer? How much did it cost to have them mounted?

I dont know if i should get just new tires or new 16" tires and rims.

Martin

Originally posted by triz:
Well, I finally got my snow tires...yeah baby. What a difference. I feel like I have a jeep now. I picked up the Bridgestone Blizzaks LM-22's for $628.00 w/everything included. I mounted them on my stock 17inch aluminum rims. The size was 205/50R17. The stock summer tires were 215/45R17. When I mean they made a difference, they made a huge difference. No sliding, fishtailing...no embarassing Honda Accords going by me up the hill...no going down one way streets to park in the garage because my car wouldn't go up the hill. I even had to move my car today because this guy in a 4runner couldnt get out...lol. Whose embarrased now. Three words my friends, "get the snow tires!!!!!"

P.S. The ride is better also. Might be due to extra meat on the tires. They still look like low profiles.

[This message has been edited by Martin (edited January 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There I fixed it!!!!!

Ummmm... that's four words. Not three.

Just kidding... glad to hear your IS is doing fine with the snow tires. See??? I told you the car works in the snow... ya just needed the right rubber!

Take care...

Scott.[/B][/QUOTE]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts