Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today, after having a local installer tell me that Peripheral has the "premier" iPod interface on the market, I let him defile my new IS250 with it.

"POS" is putting it kindly, IMHO. I Can barely read the tiny SIXTEEN CHARACTER display, not to mention the clunky way of searching for album/artist/title (which is even a smaller font and only about SIX CHARACTERS! I never realized how many artists I have in my collection that begin with "Peter" until today...because I couldn't tell any of them apart on this stupid display!

This was even AFTER I asked him if the VaisTech interface (which he also sells) was a better than Peripheral before he did the install!! It wasn't until after the install that he showed me the ViasTech site on his computer, which clearly shows a much easier to read/use interface! Needless to say, I'm not happy!

Of course, I take most of the blame myself for not doing the proper research ahead of time. But I clearly stated what I was looking for in an iPod adapter. He must of known from his own experience that the VaisTech was a better interface. Maybe there's a bigger margin on the Peripheral box...who knows.

I'm hoping to amicably work out some kind of Vais re-install deal with him tomorrow.

So, profit from my idiocy & steer clear of Peripheral!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you put an alternative IPod interface in now, which one would you choose to give the most flexibility and the best read out on your screen?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm using the Toyota kit which has good search functions by artist, playlist or song. I have the non nav stereo, so everything is shown on the LED display and gets truncated. I think it gives very good results on the nav screen units.

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI, I got the SLi2 (the non-video version of their iPod adapter). IMHO, if you have NAV, either this or the SLiV2 (with video) is the best way to go. The current firmware UI is pretty good, the promised upgrade (any day now :) should be a lot better. In any event, head & shoulders better than the Peripheral adapter!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts