Lexus IS Forum banner

Performance numbers?

808 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  brad 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Celica GTS 6spd, and i was wondering what the new IS is able to do in the 1/4 mile and 0-60. Anyone have any clue?

Thanks
John www.celica.net

#2 ·
0-60 7.1
1/4 mile 15.3
(for the auto)

The 5 speed manual will be released around December/Janruary.

The 0-60 with the manual should be around 6.5 seconds. The IS doesn't rev as high as your Celica, so achieving good 0-60 shouldn't be too hard.

Congrats on your car! Have fun!

Nice work on your website...! Pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by IS300 Fan (edited May 28, 2000).]

#6 ·
I have heard december/january for the manual from a few places, but I tend to think it wont show up intil June next year as a 2002 model.

And yes, a manual will often cut .5 second off the 0-60 from an auto (as long as you shift perfectly). The auto will do 7 sec 0-60 in auto mode every time (just floor it).

#8 ·
From what I have heard the full auto is just as fast as using "M" mode and manually shifting at just the right time.

That is for full throttle 0-60.

Now if you are going up and down gears (like on a twisty mountain road) you are going to do better picking the gears yourself.

#9 ·
If I am not mistaken the A4 2.8 shaves at least one second to 60 when fitted with the manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.