Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard a radio add in Chicago talking about the IS3 performance lease: 399 a month, with about 2000 down. Originally a dealer was telling me this would expire on May first. Perhaps it was a fib, OR Lexus is needing to make room for the 02's. Are any other regions still hearing about the performance lease?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
In the Sacramento newspaper, lexus of Sacramento is advertising a lease for $349 a month with a drive off fee of $3700. i'm not sure if this is for a loaded IS because the ad didn't say. the $50 reduction in monthly payment is just pushed to the drive off fee so this lease is very similar to the performance lease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
it is probably a base model, as most car companies advertise the lowest possible payment a month for cars to get you in to the dealership, then they thrown on the stuff you really want, like a sunroof, lsd and other goodies, and usually they come as a "package" and then what do you know, all the sudden that monthly payment is 400-450 for the lease instead of the advertised 350. i don't know if this is true in this case, but most of the time this is what i have found in my experience.


Originally posted by louiee_g:
In the Sacramento newspaper, lexus of Sacramento is advertising a lease for $349 a month with a drive off fee of $3700. i'm not sure if this is for a loaded IS because the ad didn't say. the $50 reduction in monthly payment is just pushed to the drive off fee so this lease is very similar to the performance lease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
The 399/month deal is still in effect until July 5th. It is not a stripped model. It has the leather package, power sunroof, and heated seats. It is with $1075 plus inception fees, a total of about $2700.00 out of pocket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Lester Brown:
The 399/month deal is still in effect until July 5th. It is not a stripped model. It has the leather package, power sunroof, and heated seats. It is with $1075 plus inception fees, a total of about $2700.00 out of pocket.

When you through the 2700 down payment in there, the 399 a month doesn't seem as appealing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
The $2700.00 is not down payment, it is total out of pocket. The down payment is $1075.00 The inception fees without the downpayment is about $1650.00, which is typical for a lease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Lester Brown:
The $2700.00 is not down payment, it is total out of pocket. The down payment is $1075.00 The inception fees without the downpayment is about $1650.00, which is typical for a lease.
Regardless what dealers call the fees, the fact of having to compe up with nearly 3 grand cash at lease signing is a buzz kill. Although hardly a comparable car, The Lincoln LS manual can be picked up for 399 a month with ZERO down at lease signing. Imagine how many IS's Lex would sell with a promotion like that! Guess we can be glad they don't or there'd be IS's everywhere


[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
The Lincoln LS is not selling well, so they have to come up with a promotion to GIVE it away. Does anybody have any details on that lease? What does that car come with, MSRP, stuff like that? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Lester Brown:
The Lincoln LS is not selling well, so they have to come up with a promotion to GIVE it away. Does anybody have any details on that lease? What does that car come with, MSRP, stuff like that? Thanks.

Just went to ford.com and clicked on lincoln, I can't find any details about the lease, but did see that they're advertising zero percent financing for 3 years. I'm sure the dealers can tell you about the amazing give-away lease prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Lester Brown:
The 399/month deal is still in effect until July 5th. It is not a stripped model. It has the leather package, power sunroof, and heated seats. It is with $1075 plus inception fees, a total of about $2700.00 out of pocket.
Anyone else leased lately? Are you getting the same deal as this one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Best deal I received when shopping around was 369/month with 2500 down. I have heard of the same payment with 1900 down but did not verify it. I decided to buy, equity is good
After 39 months you are out 18k with nothing to show for it other than the fact you may get some of the deposit back. Unless you can write off a portion of the lease payments as a business expense, I wouldn't advise anyone do this.

For 482/month you can buy the IS300 with 84 month financing at 7%. Principal balance of 32000 assuming minimal down. Many financial institutions have this long of a term for loans on cars now. This is the interest rate that I was approved for on my loan.

FYI, I am doing 60 months and only 15k
Nice payment of 297


Best of luck to you all,

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by investment_guy:
Best deal I received when shopping around was 369/month with 2500 down. I have heard of the same payment with 1900 down but did not verify it. I decided to buy, equity is good
After 39 months you are out 18k with nothing to show for it other than the fact you may get some of the deposit back. Unless you can write off a portion of the lease payments as a business expense, I wouldn't advise anyone do this.

For 482/month you can buy the IS300 with 84 month financing at 7%. Principal balance of 32000 assuming minimal down. Many financial institutions have this long of a term for loans on cars now. This is the interest rate that I was approved for on my loan.

FYI, I am doing 60 months and only 15k
Nice payment of 297


Best of luck to you all,

John
Wow, 84 months at 7 percent, that's a lot of interest over 7 years! How much did you have to put down to come out at 297 a month?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
investment_guy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top