Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e been looking for some exhausts for my car. I want something thats not to loud inside the car I couldn't care less how loud it is on the outside. I just want something that has a nice deep tone and adds at least 3hp. I don't care about the horse power I'm worried about the sound on the inside being to loud and the sound on the outside sounding to ricer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Iv'e been looking for some exhausts for my car. I want something thats not to loud inside the car I couldn't care less how loud it is on the outside. I just want something that has a nice deep tone and adds at least 3hp. I don't care about the horse power I'm worried about the sound on the inside being to loud and the sound on the outside sounding to ricer.
Have you looked into the F-Sport or Tanabe Medallion Touring? I think those are pretty quiet and what you're looking for. In my opinion, the F-Sport is pretty expensive and Tanabe would be better.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Yup, Tanabe... can find em used for 400-ish, or new is around 700ish I think, still a ton cheaper than the F-sport.... throw it on a pair of ramps and you can install yourself in about 20-30 minutes, nice and quiet until you romp on it, about 7 hp gain on a 350.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I like the Tanabe, but it has design flaws. The steel piping hangs too low (Too visible from the back). The F-Sport is where its at. Only problem is the $$$$
The F-sport has the exact same "design flaws"

So do most (maybe all?) the axle-backs for the 2IS.

F-Sport Exhaust - Club Lexus Forums

Check posts 8 through 10 for a couple guys discussing the F-sport hanging low just like the rest.

·
Registered
53 Posts
for me I would advice you to go for " JoeZ Street Performance " if you want low sound with good hp ..... and " Joez Racing Performance " if you want med. beautiful sound with very good hp but kinda expensive

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
for me I would advice you to go for " JoeZ Street Performance " if you want low sound with good hp ..... and " Joez Racing Performance " if you want med. beautiful sound with very good hp but kinda expensive
The Joe Z exhausts are fantastic pieces, very well made.

That said, they'll be significantly louder than the quieter axlebacks like the tanabe... and cost will be more than double for a gain of 1-3 hp compared to a tanabe.

If you want the absolutely maximum performance with an excellent fit and finish, regardless of price, the Joe Z exhaust is the way to go.

If you want quiet and still most of the gain for a lot less cost, Tanabe all the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
how does the HKS hi power compare with the Fsport in terms of inside cabin noise. cause i know they're made both by HKS so i'm just wondering if theres still a difference in terms of inside cabin and outside cabin noise level

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.