Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently implemented an aftermarket intake and JDM headers and noticed my top end improve. Now I'm trying to improve my bottom end. (lower rpm's) I was told that if i changed out my crankshaft and my connecting rods with a beefed up one it will get me to what i want. Is that a true myth? If so, where can i find a good crankshaft kit that ships overseas? If im gonna change my crankshaft i might as well change out my bearing and connecting rods. If this rumor is NOT true, how do i get that torque on my bottom end. I am looking for a constant power band across. (low rpms and high rpms) I really don't want to put a turbo in just yet. I want to see how much i can get out of this engine before the turbo. I'm in the process of changing my camshaft and putting in a stage two. I know that if I put a stage three on, i might as well get a turbo. but like i said not just yet. So i want to play with the crankshaft. any ideas and comments will be great before i spend the money and ruin my engine. Please leave a link or a place for me to find the aftermarket crankshaft kit. Thanks in advance..

·
Super Moderator
7,863 Posts
I recently implemented an aftermarket intake and JDM headers and noticed my top end improve. Now I'm trying to improve my bottom end. (lower rpm's) I was told that if i changed out my crankshaft and my connecting rods with a beefed up one it will get me to what i want. Is that a true myth? If so, where can i find a good crankshaft kit that ships overseas? If im gonna change my crankshaft i might as well change out my bearing and connecting rods. If this rumor is NOT true, how do i get that torque on my bottom end. I am looking for a constant power band across. (low rpms and high rpms) I really don't want to put a turbo in just yet. I want to see how much i can get out of this engine before the turbo. I'm in the process of changing my camshaft and putting in a stage two. I know that if I put a stage three on, i might as well get a turbo. but like i said not just yet. So i want to play with the crankshaft. any ideas and comments will be great before i spend the money and ruin my engine. Please leave a link or a place for me to find the aftermarket crankshaft kit. Thanks in advance..
Try Search Button--------and start reading till your eyes bleed before you ask another question!!!!

I would just like to clear up ...if its true its not a myth.....
Also...you want instant TQ get a supercharger....
Just casue you get, im assuming BC stage 3 cams by no means due you have to get a turbo ,who the fuck told you that?...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.