Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to find out if anyone has any real advice on performance chips for their is 300? someone had told me about this one....

X3 Performance Chip with O2 Sensor Control [X3] : Engine Performance Chip - Car Performance Chips ECU Tuning Flash

and was wondering if anyone had any input?? i posted before about chips and all i got was jokes about chips and dips and some saying they do not make chips for Lexus but i see them online all the time so please any advice would be appreciated, ive always been skeptical about them and def dont want to ruin my motor. Thank you

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
This is the only performance chip I recommend! Get er done!

edit* Fucking Tom....beat me to it. lol

·
Registered
5,442 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn aiight good looks everyone, im in the process of modifying my suspension and am looking for some HP after its done so any suggestions would be cool. im looking for around an extra 50-75

·
Registered
144 Posts
A friend recently bought an IS300 and someone at the *dealership* told him that there was a chip that would give him 50 more horsepower. When he said, "Man, why did you spend thousands of dollars to get more power? The dealership said I could just buy a chip", I told him to buy the chip and then we'll do a quick race. Haven't heard back from him...

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
There are no performance chips. Chips are mostly carbs, fried in oil, and season with LOTS of sodium. I would hardly call that performance enhancing. :p

All kidding aside, there are no functional performance chip for our car.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
For 50 hp, check out the stickies in the go fast forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and i thought this was here to help? @sway162 sorry im not all knowledgeable like you Lexus master, i bet you never had a question in your life other then your sexuality, thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
and i thought this was here to help? @sway162 sorry im not all knowledgeable like you Lexus master, i bet you never had a question in your life other then your sexuality, thanks for the help!!
I'm no way near a Lexus master....but I know how to use the search function! Cheers mate! Have those performance chips though.....great taste for the money!!

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
and i thought this was here to help? @sway162 sorry im not all knowledgeable like you Lexus master
He was born that way. :p

Seriously. I think you can get to +50 hp with n/a bolt on's. Check the stickies in the go fast forum.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Yes!!!^

and was wondering if anyone had any input?? i posted before about chips and all i got was jokes about chips and dips and
One would of thought not to create another stupid thread like this.......when you got those kind of answers ^....Just saying.

Yours truly,

The Lexus Master :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Honestly, for 50hp, you are looking at a few thousand dollars. And, for 75hp, it would probably be cheaper to get 200hp with boost. 50hp is about what you can expect from heavy NA mods (very expensive). To go further than that NA, it's expensive enough that you should have just gone FI in the first place (also very expensive).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Johnnysks and dms i really appreciate the feedback this is my first Lexus and am really getting into this car i will check the stickies i didnt know about that either as you can see im new to this website as well.
@sway162 i hope one day to be as cool and smart as you one day so i can sit behind a monitor and talk sh*t to people looking for advice, you my friend are a great human and you give me hope for the world

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
OK ok guys flame throwers off, BTW there are no "Chips" for our cars, piggybacks , EMUs and standalones are what you would use to Tune .....Ill help out a little with a few good threads to get you started and please take the time to go over site user rules and marketplace rules as well...

http://my.is/forums/f88/im-new-want-more-power-my-is300-343378/

http://my.is/forums/f88/newbie-go-fast-stuff-link-thread-read-here-340884/

http://my.is/forums/f114/new-forced-induction-all-answers-inside-346858/

http://my.is/forums/f114/engine-management-information-346856/

theres alot to read on this site..........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bezik777 thank you for the links!!! it wasnt about being lazy and not wanting to look myself i really just am new to this site and didnt even know where to begin, but this helps a lot!! thanks again.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
949Beast;6447889 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************6447889******end_of_the_skype_highlighting said:
@sway162 i hope one day to be as cool and smart as you one day so i can sit behind a monitor and talk sh*t to people looking for advice, you my friend are a great human and you give me hope for the world

You mad......cause you hurting my feelings.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.