Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am still trying to figure out how the PLP Powerdyne S/C edged out the PFS Stage 1 kit at the PLP grand opening this past weekend. Hearing this really amazed me, and it just strengthens my decision to get the Powerdyne setup.

I made a comparison chart of the following kits (bored at work today)...I included the PFS kit as the only turbo, because it raced the Powerdyne. The others are all S/C kits that put out more power than the Powerdyne.

PFS Stage 1 Turbo
PLP Powerdyne S/C
PLP Vortec S/C
TBKO ATI Procharger S/C

Click link below to see chart.....

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ni...rts&.dnm=Comparo.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

The numbers should be close. I did the math on IS_Dude's TBKO S/C to get the RWHP for the 5spd manual. I got the numbers for the Vortec by doing the normal 15% for manual and 20% for E-Shift. I got the Vortec crank number from the PLP website. I did the same thing for the PFS kit from the 340 crank number I got from the PFS website. The Powerdyne dynos are posted for both manual and E-Shift on the PLP website.

So WTF? There is a good 25-30 RWHP advantage going to the PFS kit. Is the Powerdyne kit underrated? Or was the PFS kit not tuned correctly? What's the deal?

Also, I posted this at the end of a dead thread. I added the torque curve to the Powerdyne dynos so people can see what kind of torque they are putting out. (Hope you don't mind Mike :D)

Edit: Mike will have updated numbers for us. I took these numbers down because they might not be accurate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Way to use co. time wisely. j/k

I did a little comparison on Bang for the Buck the other day while at work (bored as well).

Are you considering the TBKO Stage II turbo also? Only $4999 + install for 350+rwhp.

DR :chill:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
pardon the ignorance,
but... the statistic torque table, how reliable will it be in comparison to the genuine powerdyne's dyno?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
IS_Dude made around 275rwhp, just FYI.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
IS3FINALLYmd said:
as soon as my kit is done (very soon) I will go down to pfs and dyno it
Yeah, how's the install coming Rob? Hope all is going well, and can't wait until you get that bad boy out on the road.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Benign said:
pardon the ignorance,
but... the statistic torque table, how reliable will it be in comparison to the genuine powerdyne's dyno?

The computer gernates the torque curve from the HP curve that it gets from the dyno. Should be accurate.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
doublins said:
IS_Dude made around 275rwhp, just FYI.
Thats what the chart shows. So if he made 275 with an auto...and we can assume he is losing 20% of his power through the drivetrain.

X= Crank Horsepower

(.2x)-x=275

x=344 (rounded up)

15% of 344 is 52 (rounded up)

344-52=292

292 RWHP for the manual with the TBKO S/C. (If the 15% for the manual is accurate)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts