Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well wheels and tires are in the near future and i'm looking for the right tire to go with. I'm looking for something that is all weather but at the same time provided good traction cuz i'm boosted. I'm gonna go with a staggered setup probablly 8.5F and 9.5R. Anyone have the best tire for the occassion? Oh and it does snow here during the winter but not that much, plus i don't plan on driving in the snow.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you have soggy conditions in the winter and don't plan on driving in the snow then take a look at the Toyo Proxies T1S and T1R. I have the T1S's, non boosted, and I have a hard time getting them to chirp while cornering not to mention coming off the line. My stockies were terrible about that. Being in Oregon I can vouch for the wet grip as well, very good tires. T1R is the new version of the T1S I think.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
U want grip n versatility in the weather its hard to compensate the both. Bridgestone So3 r awesome but pretty expensive and wear out quick. They r alot of good brands out there n u just need 2 research the value n performance 4 da money.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
First thing first, you're not going to find much of an option for all weather tires in low pros.

My votes goes for the Mich PS2, I am currently on my 2nd set. They are nice and quiet and also pretty good in wet traction. However, since you did mention boost, these tires aren't good for quarter mile runs.

My first vote would of been the Toyo t1s but since they have replaced them with the T1R I am unsure because I haven't had them. Supposedly they resemble the T1s but resolved the shoulder issues by adding water sipes on the shoulders.

Bridgestone S0-3 sucks ass. They are too stiff. I ran on these before I hated them, I actually threw them away after putting 3k miles on em.

But for wet and dry traction for daily driving go with the PS2

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a set of GS-D3's that are going to go onto the car after the winter months. As of right now, I can only claim experience with Toyo FZ-4's, T1-S's, and Mich. PS2's. I agree with Eminence on the PS2's. My fav. tire until I try out these GS-D3's.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
GS-D3's rock. Great traction wet and dry, and pretty quiet. T1-S sucked ASS....loudest tire ever! Do not buy! Hopefully they made the new T1-R quieter.....

I don't know what I'm going with next, I just need traction and quiet tires! Can someone please make a silent tire that has AA traction ratings please? :>)

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
xencloud said:
GS-D3's rock. Great traction wet and dry, and pretty quiet. T1-S sucked ASS....loudest tire ever! Do not buy! Hopefully they made the new T1-R quieter.....

I don't know what I'm going with next, I just need traction and quiet tires! Can someone please make a silent tire that has AA traction ratings please? :>)

Supposedly it was the shoulder that was causing the excessive noise. But anyhow, Tirerack did some tire testing, they rated the GS-D3 goodyears to be the best tire out there in wet and dry traction. Maybe these will be my next set, until then the PS2 are where my vote stands.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
^^^^^Did you seriously say Continental? Continental are known for weak and soft sidewalls, I highly recommend stay away. They also wear very quickly.

BTW there isn't such a thing as All Season low profile tires. They might be labeled/branded as all season but come to New England with your BEST all season tire in the winter, I can guarantee you that you will leave outta here with your car on a flatbed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts