Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this existed about a week ago, emailed them and got them to send me the manual cause it's stupid cheap ($161.89) and I wanted more info on what it could do.

Summary:

Mod MAF or AFR 16x24 map
Upper and lower limits for map above
Side map for Temp, maybe TPS also?
Additional Injector Driver or Boost Control 16x24
1 Channel Ignition Advance/Retard via crank signal again 16x24

Not sure if the ignition will work for us, or screw things up since our ecu uses crank and cam signals.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Just noticed this existed about a week ago, emailed them and got them to send me the manual cause it's stupid cheap ($161.89) and I wanted more info on what it could do.

Summary:

Mod MAF or AFR 16x24 map
Upper and lower limits for map above
Side map for Temp, maybe TPS also?
Additional Injector Driver or Boost Control 16x24
1 Channel Ignition Advance/Retard via crank signal again 16x24

Not sure if the ignition will work for us, or screw things up since our ecu uses crank and cam signals.
Better or worse than SAFC2..?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better and cheaper, even without the timing control it still has a higher resolution then any of the Apexi AFC (Super, Neo, whatever)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I have heard of other Toyotas that use cam/crank still effectively retard timing via just the crank signal, so that may work.

MAF based piggies IMO are not that bad when doing moderate upgrades such as N/A or very moderate boost/injector changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.