Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Wxman said:
I heard Pepsi had a supercharged IS300 at HIN in Dallas this summer. Is this the same car?
Well, it is painted with Pepsi logos and it has waht appears to be a supercharger under the hood, so I'm assuming it is.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Looks like the A51 supercharger they posted pix of a while ago

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
mattssi said:
Looks like the A51 supercharger they posted pix of a while ago
It is. I forgot what mag the car was in, but they did a write up on it with pics. It is an A51 SC that puts out 240rwhp (the mag said only 240hp, but that can't be right, must be rwhp).

·
Registered
680 Posts
today

I just saw this car today here in Charlotte, NC. It was at a movie theater here and they were out front handing out free Pepsi Blue.

The actual mods on the car were nice, but if you look closely, you would see plenty of flaws.

I had them pop the hood so I could see the supercharger, and it was nice, but very dirty with burn marks on the hoses where it was against the hood. I asked how it performed, and the guy said "it makes the car act crazy every once in a while, and the gauges won't be accurate". I asked if it ever overheats or stalls or gives them problems and he said never ... it runs like a champ. He did say the check engine light is on almost all the time.

The rims were SSR's powder coated blue, but up close they were curbed all to hell and the guy even said they bent one so bad that one of the tires wasn't holding air.

The fiberglassing in the trunk for the speakers was pretty shotty as well as the some of the dash work.

The guys said the car stays in Atlanta, GA when its not on the road, and that they take it out on the town and cruise Buckhead with it.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
:eek: :lol: :x :roll: ...... LOL ... Pepsi asked me to be in their booth at HIN Atlantic City last season, plus they wanted to put my car on tour, just like this one. The promotor took a lot of notes on my car and a lot of pics. I guess that's where they got the idea for the painted/carbon dash :wink: .... good thing I turned it down .... :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
pepsi

Yeah, it had the color matched dash trim like you have MrMark. I want that for mine as well!

The car had its decals down the back window and had a plaquard made up that listed all the upgrades to the car. You could tell whoever had the car done was heavily influenced from car shows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
16 Participants
xjayx300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing