Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've had my car almost a week now and one thing I notice is that people keep flashing their high beams at me thinking that my head lights are too bright and they assume I must have my high beams on or something.

What should I do, should I flash my actual high beams at them or should I just ignore this people?

·
Registered
589 Posts
First of all, IGNORE ignorant people. Second, it might be bumpy roads making it seem like they are flashing at you when they're not.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At first I thought it was people trying to warn me that their was Cops up ahead doing radar or something but then realized they were bitching about the headlights.

My headlights don't look any brighter then any other high end car or other IS300, there was IS300 behind me and came up beside me last night and the brightness looked about the same to me.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I get this all the time too. One time I had like 6-10 semi-trucks tailgate me and flash their high-beams at night one time because, as I passed them, they thought my high-beams were on.

It's kind of annoying at first, but now I kinda like pissing people off with my stock HID's.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I flash people back just to prove that my highs aren't on... I find
this happens in rural areas rather than urban ---> All those hicks
driving their 15 year old domestics just dont understand...

[hick voice] Dem lights are too dam shiny! [/hick voice]

:suspiciou

j

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Before I bought the IS I used to high beam ppl w/ Xenons just because they were bright and obnoxious :( I say, high beam their ass back if youre sure they are actually beaming you.

I didnt see too many Xenons in Toronto when I was there, so maybe ppl just arent used to the brightness of them

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boman said:
All those hicks driving their 15 year old domestics just dont understand...
yea its mostly crappy old beater cars that seem to be doing it most

·
Registered
453 Posts
a lot of my friends tell me that the head lights on the is300 are really bright and its hard to see when i'm behind them or coming towards them.

i'm just like "DAMN rite that means get out of my way!"...lol

but seriously i dotn' think our lights are that bad. i have a friend who drives a tsx and OMG its horrible its like they're not even aimed properly from factory. those lights are so bright and they shine everywhere...

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I would say shine your high beams back at them... that will shut them up!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
YellowIS300 said:
I didnt see too many Xenons in Toronto when I was there, so maybe ppl just arent used to the brightness of them
There are exceptions to this but I found people in Canada seem to spend less money on their cars, hence less expensive cars, fewer cars with xenons. I am speaking from Winnipeg though.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
flawless_is300 said:
but seriously i dotn' think our lights are that bad. i have a friend who drives a tsx and OMG its horrible its like they're not even aimed properly from factory. those lights are so bright and they shine everywhere...
Yes! The TSX's are horrible. The new ones seem to be toned down though. Same with when the Range Rover was first redesigned (03?) that year the Xenons were scorching my eyes along with the X5. Seems like in 04 or 05, all xenons have been toned down.

The IS lights ARE bright though. I love them. The yellow fogs give it more of a "glare" when its coming from far away so people tend to think yours lights are REALLY bright.

I always drive w/ my HIDs+Fogs on (day and night) just as an insurance policy against a soccer mom on her cell phone rushing to get her nails done.

Still love the yellow fogs though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i flash em back and they feel stupid. i got to see the expression oneguys face yesterday. he looked like he wanted to kill me :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have heard for some gang inituation, they go around driving flashing their high beams at people and then the first car that flash their lights back at them, they go and kill them. So, i would never flash my lights back at people , just in case :p

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
jcheung said:
I have heard for some gang inituation, they go around driving flashing their high beams at people and then the first car that flash their lights back at them, they go and kill them. So, i would never flash my lights back at people , just in case :p
Gangs are pretty bad out in Oregon huh? =)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:
There are exceptions to this but I found people in Canada seem to spend less money on their cars, hence less expensive cars, fewer cars with xenons. I am speaking from Winnipeg though.
They have cars in Winnipeg? :lol: I thought they all rode horse and carriages. :lol:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
YellowIS300 said:
Yes! The TSX's are horrible. The new ones seem to be toned down though. Same with when the Range Rover was first redesigned (03?) that year the Xenons were scorching my eyes along with the X5. Seems like in 04 or 05, all xenons have been toned down.
I heard that Lexus purposely did not put HID's on their SUV's because of the glare they cause other drivers. (due to the height of the light)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts