Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
high impedeance

this is basic, are you sure you'll be able to switch the injectors? where did you get injectors from, what size and whats done to the car?

whathefuk said:
I am switching my fuel injectors and I was wondering if the IS takes Peak and Hold or Saturated Fuel injectors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuel injectors

putting in a TO4E turbo, 255 Walboro fuel pump and etc. with 550cc RC Engineering fuel injectors (I havn't purchased the injectors yet). I assume the IS would take Peak and hold injectors? Just double checking. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Peak and hold are low resistance injectors. GTE just told you IS300s are high impedance (i.e saturated).

Low impedance have the advantage of faster recovery time so you can push them harder and get more out of them. You can make these work but you will need resistor packs in the power side of the injector harness so you don't burn up the ECU or EMS unless your EMS can handle high or low. Our ECU cannot.

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
Re: fuel injectors

my post above says high impedeance, which is saturated

are you doing this kit yourself?

whathefuk said:
putting in a TO4E turbo, 255 Walboro fuel pump and etc. with 550cc RC Engineering fuel injectors (I havn't purchased the injectors yet). I assume the IS would take Peak and hold injectors? Just double checking. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

turbo97se said:
Peak and hold are low resistance injectors. GTE just told you IS300s are high impedance (i.e saturated).

Low impedance have the advantage of faster recovery time so you can push them harder and get more out of them. You can make these work but you will need resistor packs in the power side of the injector harness so you don't burn up the ECU or EMS unless your EMS can handle high or low. Our ECU cannot.
Thanks for answering me. I assumed I would do the Peak and Hold with the resistors. Thanks for confirming it, I appreciate it.

·
Mr. Negative
12,010 Posts
Re: Thanks

gotta luv chic's that want boost. ;)

whathefuk said:
turbo97se said:

Thanks for answering me. I assumed I would do the Peak and Hold with the resistors. Thanks for confirming it, I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.