Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the PCS transmission controller besides Phil? I had some questions about it and left Ray a message over at PFS.

If anyone else has, how was the setup? Was the stock ECU still needed after installing the PCS? I am looking for a solution to completely get rid of the stock ECU and run the car using a Haltech or MoTec with the trans running off the PCS.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Has anyone used the PCS transmission controller besides Phil? I had some questions about it and left Ray a message over at PFS.

If anyone else has, how was the setup? Was the stock ECU still needed after installing the PCS? I am looking for a solution to completely get rid of the stock ECU and run the car using a Haltech or MoTec with the trans running off the PCS.
if you get a motec why would you need the PCS controller?

from what i've heard there is nothing really better to run the transmission except the stock oem....i mean unless your car is a racing vehicle and not daily driven.....

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
Phil is the only one I know the top of my head that has used the PCS. You will still need the stock ECU though for many other functions, A/C, starter, gauge cluster. Of course you can work around it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the best thing to do is to consult with PFS since they are authorized PCS dealer and installers. Also, instead of working the kinks out yourself, have them do it if budget allows.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you get a motec why would you need the PCS controller?

from what i've heard there is nothing really better to run the transmission except the stock oem....i mean unless your car is a racing vehicle and not daily driven.....
No longer using the stock throttle body or DBW, rendering the stock ECU incapable of controlling the transmission. I forgot MoTec can control transmission, and would like to avoid purchasing MoTec at this point...big money.

Phil is the only one I know the top of my head that has used the PCS. You will still need the stock ECU though for many other functions, A/C, starter, gauge cluster. Of course you can work around it.
I was mainly asking in terms of the transmission. I don't want the stock ECU controlling anything but small stuff like gauges, a/c, etc. I will try Ray again tomorrow and see what he has to say.

I think the best thing to do is to consult with PFS since they are authorized PCS dealer and installers. Also, instead of working the kinks out yourself, have them do it if budget allows.
I have never liked sending cars to multiple shops and I know the shops do not like receiving other cars that have different shops work in/on them. It's just a mess sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.